Saturday, July 03, 2004
Where you want to be...



yeappppp, i FINALLY went to the Warped Tour today!

"and remember kids, don't wear flip flops to a punk rock show"


SO! I went for Warped Tour today! How unexpected!

Was suppose to yesterday, remember? the whole Michelle deal???

But anyways, I told Michelle yesterday i would have like to go for warped tour today but didn't think i could cause TBS plays at 3pm and it takes me more than 3 hours to get down to Fullerton by train and class ended at 12pm.... Since i already skipped 2 classes this week, didn't think that there was a chance to actually go.

THEN! teacher gave us time for group discussion for our final project and only one other girl in the group turned up! So i was off class by 11:12!

But my calfs were hurting like hell and i didn't want to go for Warped Tour- I felt really bad cause I felt like I was not supporting TBS enough. But I thought, you know, I will go support them when their album comes out (YES LOOK AT THE BANNER AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE!! I CHANGED IT! WUAHAHAHHAHA!), and they headline tour, I will definitely go support them... Then I told myself that i will go for Warped only on the condition that either 1) there was a direct train that would get me there in time by 3. 2) I'll call Satoshi and ask if he'd go...

SO!

I called satoshi and guess what??????? He said he'd take me there! He told me, "I'll go if you want to go, because I have nothing to do today anyway"

So we went!!! We got there late but TBS was only gonna play at 7:30pm today. They had a signing at 3:30 but mannnnnnn the line was soooooooooo long i didn't bother- I mean i had 10,000 chances to get shit signed u know what I mean? but i never did it back then, so why bother lining so damn long in the hot burning sun now??

But Luis, cause he's part of Fanscape (the "agency" that promotes TBS) he was at the signing booth, so i got him to take me a pic of the band (pic will be loaded later!).

THen we went walking around and i went to look at who was gonna play when and where and I found out that THURSDAY was playing then!!! So i went to see Thursday!

And u know what? That geoff guy, is AWESOME. Thursday is still one of those bands that don't fake it and just radiates boundless energy! Always, still, one of those intense ridden bands that will scathe you! And u know what??? Halfway standing there in the pit, I really suddenly felt like listening to Thursday's "new" stuff... I never really checked out their album when it was released last year, but today, after me just declaring that i am really sick of emo/punk english music just 4 hours ago, I suddenly felt revived again and knew that Thursday could give me that breath of fresh air!!!

So anyways, after that we went to get food and just sat around from 4:30 to 6... Satoshi is such a sweetie cake... brought me all the way there, i paid for half of his ticket and gas though but that's only cause i should. But I was just dragging him around the whole day here and there and he tells me "we'll just do what you want to do, okay? Cause we came here for you"-- awwe... isn't that sweet?

Well anyways, at 6, i left my stuff with Satoshi (cause he was tired) and went into the pit to wait for TBS! (two stages, left and right, one band plays on the left stage, then next band plays on the right stage, and then next band plays on the right stage, one after another) So basically i went into the pit 1 1/2 hours before TBS, when the other stage was playing, and then it was Bouncing Soul that played at our stage, then another band on the other stage, and then only back to TBS on our stage.

But anyways, manage to push my way through to the second row from the front!!!! Then I really thank God because God always sends His angels to watch over me in the pit, because this black guy whom i was standing behind of, he suddenly turned to me and asked me if I could see ok. and i told him i did. But he allowed me to go infront of him meaning i could squeeze myself int FRONT ROW!!!!

ANd the most awesome thing was that, when bouncing souls came on, they're like this real punk ass band (Bad Religion, NoFX types), and basically the kids at where i was first standing at before i got infront were just absolutely insane... And the black guy was really nice cause he was preventing the kids from behind from squashing me to death. So I was well protected! thank God!

Anyways......................................

TBS came on........................

And all i can say is that.................................

They NEVER EVER fail to overwhelme me ALLLLLLLLLLLL THE TIME...

THey were absolutely intense, awesome--- THeir pits are still one of the most amazing pits to get stuck in...

Adam was just INSANE, and i mean it, he was INSANE today... He was shaking his head about like mad, swinging the mic around LIKE MAD...

AND THEN... at the END of the set, he CLIMBED THE SIDE BARS AND HUNG UPSIDE DOWN FROM THE STAGE ROOF TO SING THE LAST BITS OF CUTE WITHOUT THE E.... (btw, this was how he broke his pelvis 2 years ago hanging upside down shows ALL THE TIME... dats why he nicknamed himself Spidey... wuahahahaha... No wonder TBS is on Spiderman 2 soundtrack! hahahah)
Fred was AMAZING too...... so was matt... Sorry Eddie but erm... couldn't see you well!! Stupid crowd surfers- i swear at one point i thought i was gonna get my arm broken cause it got caught between the barricade and the grasps of the security grabbing one of the crowd sufers..

but SHIT!

I had a AWESOME AMAZING TIME!!!

TBS IS THE SHIT MAN! TBS IS THE SHIT!!!!!

Suddenly i remembered again why the hell i love them live so damn much!!! crap!

it was REALLY awesome this time, cause i went without expectations, u know... I was there just cause TBS is playing u know, no special reason or whatever- it was Warped Tour and TBS was playing.... And I'm in the phase now that i can say goodbye to TBS without regrets...

But shit man, there in that pit today, though 40% of the time i had the bulging belly of the security up against my face, i had guys kicking my head till my spec's glasses fell out, i had my arm almost broken (it's just bruised now), but shit man! screaming with Fred and all his lines, watching matt sexxing his bass, seeing Adam strut there rocking out and swinging the mic like he was choking himself, the blasting kaleidascope of sounds, dancing and shaking your ass like hell to the music, hands stretched out to the beat of the drum, screaming out like hell to their songs, shit man, THIS IS DA BOMB!!!!!!!!!!

ahhhhhh

Truly, truly, you know what my friend? This is really, really, really... where you want to be!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive