Saturday, July 24, 2004
So well... i was given my very first assignment yesterday. What a bummer... why couldn't they have assigned me to something simpler.... =\ All i had to work on was that there was a rumor that our Campus Postal Service had been cut back and delivery was now reduced down to once a day due to budget cutbacks. Sources that my editor had said that there were rumors that student assistants were fired, and her source in the office of Admissions and Records said that the department was having problems with getting admission applications on time. hmmm......

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW that we had a campus postal service!!!! hellzzzzzz....... And i have practically ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOO sources on campus.

soooooooooooo.......... with NO SOURCES whatsoever, i have to go FIND sources through the uni's website, email, call or bang on their doors for interviews (obviously i am not gonna bang on the doors cause i don't even DARE to CALL).

Bad news too is that i found out today that people aren't willing to talk. The postal guy seems okay, but Admissions and Records was like the White House, hmm... I still haven't gotten a call back from the Postal place yet and if they don't call back, i have to call again. then i must have at least 3 human sources and student interviews... So I'm thinking to get the Postal Guy, someone from the International Student Office (cause i'm sure they're affected too) and hopefully i can get at least 2 students to talk to give me their opinion about it. WHAT THE HELL MAN WHAT THE HELL?!!!!

I have no story idea.. I think my editor wants me to write something contraversial like how the budget cutbacks is now affecting postal delivery and thus the students too... But by the looks of it, i'm just gonna report about the implementation of this policy, bg info, etc.. and then get quotes and phraphrasing of the effect it has on some departments (or ONE department) as well as what students think about it. and that's it.

All due NEXT FRIDAY before i LEAVE FOR MALAYSIA. what the hell.

And to think i have to keep doing this NEXT SEMESTER for 20 stories... How the hell am i going to complete 20 stories within 14 weeks of school???????????????????? that's like 2 stories due A WEEK. how the hell am i gonna manage that?! i think i'm gonna drop that second JOUR writing class so i don't have to spend an additional 3 hours at the school radio in addition to all the extra hours for the newspaper. I don't know... shite, i should have gotten this planned out earlier.

OH YEAH, it doesn't help either that my stupid phone is dying and so, there's no ringer and it doesn't even vibrate anymore. I have to make phonecalls on a BLANK monitor, don't know who's call i am missing if I miss the call cause of the dead ringer. and i have to deal with all these AND set up those interviews. Damn and TBS is next tuesday. I hope i can get the International Student Office thing done by monday, and then Tuesday, bye bye assignment, i don't care because it's TBS release date. Then wendesday hopefully can get some interview with the Postal guy. Thursday with students or other departments. Friday and next Monday before i leave go WRITE the damn assignment and then GO BACK HOME on Tuesday!
crappppppppppppp

WHY THE HELL JOURNALISM?????????????????????????????????????????

Shit... i forgot........ it was a cruel twist of fate.......... crap.

alright, that's just me bitching. i wish the assignment can get done by just me bitching about it..... *sighhhh*

Elaine

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive