Wednesday, June 30, 2004

I wish you never knew my name.... then it would be so much easier to let you be and just say my goodbye somewhere there- in...




Days Away at Chain Reaction


So... lack of updates... But still. i was waiting for the DA pics to arrive cause my camera died. yeah. DIED.


Well.... i guess i'll just chronical what happened. Michelle got here late, so we got to Chain late too... like 6. she got another friend Diana to come along with us for the show... then we just sat in the parking lot in the car cause Days Away don't go on till 9:20pm. Days Away were out too, saw their van but we saw them to out eat when we were driving by Chain.




Michelle..... nice pic no?


But anyways, so sat around, talked, did an interview with Diana for my Race Class.




me interviewing... i look so fat, messed up, ugly, i hate my smile... sigh.


Halfway interviewing her, I saw Tim walking by, so i was I was in kinda a happy mood, so i wasn't that shy to open the door to actually call him, and I did, and he saw me, i waved hi and he said hi, took him a moment to recognize me, but he was on the phone so I just closed the door and went back to my interview. Was kinda hoping he would come over and he did, he walked over and I opened the door again and asked him how he was, good and stuff like that, and then I asked him when the new album would be out, he said "september"- too damn long wait i complained. Then he asked "Hey you wanna go say hi to Keith?"


OF COURSE, DUH, OF COURSE.


And so he took me to their van =)


Funny that Tim would just mention Keith cause everyone else was in the van. We were introduced to the new keyboardist, Mike, i think... And then Tim took me to the van and told them "guess who's here" and then i went and I saw Austin, and I said hi and he said hi... But Keith was like WAYYYYYY on the other end of the van but as always... damn keith why must you always say my name that way?! and with his slanted smile and that soft sparkle in his eyes he said "hi elaine.."


DAMNNNNNNNNNNN.


ANYWAYS! So i said hi and I got to talk to Austin for abit cause Keith was on the phone and I asked Austin why the heck is he so quiet and Keith was like "cause he's weird," hahahaha... I <3 Keith.




me at the van, talking to either Austin or Keith... sighh keithhhh~


Anyways... Austin and me talked abit but then he had to leave so he left but another girl wanted to talk to him so he went to talk to them. The girls were michelle's friends and I found out that one of the girls, Tiffany, used to date one of the guys in the band but he's not in Days Away anymore. But so they got chatting and i went back to Michelle's car and stuff...


After awhile i went to get the CD from the car to give to Keith... But fucker was still in the van... sorry keith, i'm just really pissed u never came out. BUT ANYWAYS, so i had to interupt Tiffany and Chris' conversation just to get Keith the CD through the driver's window and keith didn't even noticed (cause he was talking to Mike) till Mike pointed him to me and he saw me and he took the CD and damn, can't stay mad at him for long cause AGAIN, he had that smile on his face, that soft sparkle in his eyes and that cuteness in his voice when he asked "what's this?" and I said "British bands I told you about," and he said "oh cool" with a smile and I felt i was interpting Chris and Tiffany's conversation so i just left and after that i became fucking depressed cause I felt like i was such a pest to them and such a fucking groupie.. Really hated myself and felt depressed for the next 3 hours till Days Away's set came on.


I was "kinda" cheered up i guess... Cause we got to the VERY FRONT of the stage cause not many kids were there, so i was like 5 inches away from Keith's legs again (it's awesome to be fans of small bands i tell ya!), but anyways, i was there with Michelle and Days Away were setting up. I didn't want to look at the stage too much less they think i am an obsessive freak fan (which i am) cause if i can, i always seem to be there and that's abit stalkerish, no?


ANYWAYS. So i only looked at the stage whenever michelle did... and one of the times during set up, Michelle and i were looking at them carrying equiptments on stage and Keith walked by and towards my direction so he saw me looking up at him and he gave me a smile =) *insert heart melting here* And so i smiled back... *sighhh* *insert heartache here*

So anyways, Michelle then tells me "see, Keith likes you,"... then i told her, "I just feel like I'm annoying to them," then she said to me "no i mean it... How he looked at you there, I've never seen him look at other fans like that" (hmmm Michelle are you sure??? Cause to me that's how Keith always looks unless he's preoccupied) And I said to her, "Are you sure?" and she was like, "Yeah, like Tiffany, she's like REALLY close to the band but he's never once looked at her that way," and i was like "nah, u sure? cause i always feel like I'm annoying them or something," and she tells me "no you're not! The way he looks at you, it's like 'you're cool with him' you know? Like it's not like he thinks you're hot or whatever, but i think he really appreciates you being here for them. I mean you have to remember you're from another country and they've never had that. And i think he appreciates having you around silently. Not like one of those annoying fans who's like 'oh, you're going to the van? lets go together,' or 'oh, you're going to the venue? let's go together' or 'oh you wanna go eat?'. So you're cool with him."

I really wish she was right. I mean... i really don't want to be mean and annoying to Days Away... And I always feel I am... I'm gonna try to stop hounding Keith but it's just that i really wanna talk to him... Although after the show, we got to talk to Austin quite abit, so I guess if Austin can be talkative, I could always try to talk to Austin instead... Like, i wish i had time with Keith... DRUNK Keith, and have him tell me stories again. heh. what happened to all you had to say?


*insert reasons why elaine loves keith here:*
How he says "hi elaine" with that softness/cheerfulness that is so damn cute that just makes everything alright... and then as he says it and as he talks to mewith that soft sparkle in his eyes when he looks at me with that curved smile on his face...
and i absolutely love it everytime he talks to me, cause he seems so fucking interested.... and i swear when he looks at me, i know his mind is not wandering somewhere else and i guess that's why i like it when we talk one on one, cause when he looks at u and when he's listening to u, u know that he's really listening
*insert wishful thinking wish here**please lemme talk to keith tonight, God please, God*

The show was awesome and all that! OF COURSE! they played like 2 new songs, 4 songs from LSDEP E.P., and Keep Your Voices Down.... YES, they scraped all my favourite songs DAMN U! but still I love their songs... keith's always so sexy on stage when he dances, wuahahahaha..




Chris doing his thing... and he's damn good at it. He looks like he's half alive but on stage he's a real nutcase! heh.




Austin and the new keyboardist... i forgot his name lah!




two words for Tim and drums- FUCKING AWESOME




-nuff said-


But anyways... after the show we hung around abit then when the whole band was out of the van (michelle and her friend candy wanted to firebomb the van cause they were all just STUCK in there).... I had alot of chance to talk to keith but i just didn't dare to interupt him so i never did. But anyways, we went to talk to the band cause Michelle wanted to ask them the name of the new song after they played Fight. She asked CHRIS... like i said! everyone's buddy with Chris but i say if u really catch Keith at the right moment, it's great fun to be with Keith!


Anyways, i bought keychains from MALAYSIA for them when i was in Malaysia in december, so I gave Chris a keychain, then I gave one to Austin, and I got a BIGGGGGGGGGGG TIGHT HUGGGGGGGGG damn....... Austin, argh....... eh seriously tight ok?! could hardly breathe! summore so warm his chest wuahahahahahahah... ANYWAYS! then Tim came and I gave Tim his keychain and had to explain to him waht the picture man (it was a kampung nelayan)... And then we got talking abit and told him about the shows me and Michelle wanna go to- San Diego and Denver and hope we can. Then he actually brought up my trip to Florida last November and he said it was a fun trip then... And I told him I felt bad! and he was like "pish! why?!" and i told him how they already had so little place to sleep in that crowded van i still forced myself into it! And he laughed and said it was cool. It was all fun.. Which is cool that he brought it up first and said it was a "fun trip we had there" cause in November, Tim was the only one i didn't get to talk to and APOLOGIZE about me barging into their van and i felt i didn't get a confrimation/closure from him!!! Then i told him i missed them and he said we missed u too--- RIGHTTTT DAMN KEITH WHERE IS HE THEN??? FUCKER!


ANYWAYS, Tim actually went to the van to get the van key so he could put the keychain on it! So woooo! Days Away van keys have Malaysian keychain on it! heheheehhe...


So after that, Tim went somewhere else and I went to where Austin was talking to Candy and Michelle, and so I was there and Austin looked at me and thanked me for the keychain again and he said "are you sure you really want me to have this" and I was like "OF COURSE ! what do you mean!" it seems that i said it like i didn't want him to.


But anyways we stood there more and talked. I felt like a dumb blonde (sorry for the stereotype) cause they started talking abt books and Austin reads a shit lot and he asked me what booked I read last... I couldn't think of the title.... I was reading mythologies but never thought of it... haihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh


But anyways... the highlights of the whole thing with Austin that was sweet was cause, he, Michelle and Candy seemed to have alot of stuff to talk abt and erm... i always don't... cause something they talk about seem to be on some American pop culture stuff and I am a lamer at that... But the sweet thing was that everytime i got really silent, Austin will turn to me and ask me specific questions---- awwwweeeeeee *hugssss* *kisssss* heh ;)


Also well... heh, halfway through a conversation, Austin took my specs/glasses and said "how bad is your eyesight?" heh, and it was so odd cause i was just commenting to Michelle during the show how CLOSE Keith was but i couldn't see shit without my glasses on. And so, Austin took my glasses and put it on!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *dies happy*. And he said "okay, this is real bad." HECK! Then michelle says he looks the bomb with the specs on! wuahahahahah... And we got to know that Austin is far sighted, and i am short sighted-- DUH, dats why so bad ler!!! what the hell, since he can't see near and I can't see far!


ANYWAY... we talked for quite long then Austin had to go but we said "see u" at troubadour tonight (Wed).


I never got to talk to Keith cause he hid in the van (FUCKER) sigh... mabbe he was sick, he didnt' look too chatty... but fuck would i know cause everytime he did fucking look at me or talk to me that's always that cuteness and excitement in his voice that i can't fucking resist and how he looks at me with that soft sparkle in his eyes and that half smile... fuck! how can i NOT be in love with him?! SHITE.


SO i went home depressed.


Fucker, Keith, I better fucking get to talk to u on tonite, because i am gonna be sitting here in 24 hours in a pit of depression if i didn't get to! and I will NEVER forgive u for that!!!!


Until of course, i hear your voice on the radio... or when we meet the next time and you say "hi elaine" to me again in that fucking cute/sweet/happy voice and i get all mushed up inside again.


fuck keith, i swear.... i really need to forget you.... i really need you to never remember me the next time i see you-- don't ignore me if you still do, but please ignore me if you don't. please. i need to say goodbye to you so i can leave without regrets and without feelings that linger on in nothingness.


sigh.


why God why? why that night at Troubadour. why couldn't have Austin been the one there instead? then i'd never have met Keith. Everyone says that keith is anti-social, like Candy who knows the band like wayyyyyyyy know cause she let them sleep at her house before when they were REALLY SMALL band, and Michelle who's also known them for like years-- keeps saying he's an anti-social... But u know, every time before, Keith has always been real awesome to me... The first time, he was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy beyond awesome, we were strangers and shit, he was in a band i adored but he never made me feel like a fan- and the second time in Baltimore, he was fucking awesome, remembered me, actually came down from stage after the set to give me a hug and a kiss and REMEMBERS that Knows My Name was "my song", third time at Palladium when he didn't come down from stage but later i was pissed and I insulted him when he said "hi elaine" and i told him "I'm glad you remembered my name" real sarastically and he was like "what?! of course i do!" and signed my CD with "keith loves you" fuck shit, how can i not love him???? and then the whole florida trip, he knew i felt real weird and stuff but he was still really nice to me, when he saw me "hi elaine. happy birthday," and then when he went to get food he asked me if I wanted go with him, and then we talked and then at the diner while we waited for his food he actually paused and wished me happy birthday again with a hug... and i mean... i never did ask Keith for a ride in florida but somehow, him or/and austin actually talked it out and let me ride with them in their van and that's really awesome they did that, you know... and i guess, i love you keith for being all that...


ONLY TODAY at fucking Chain he was fucking shit. or at least. i just didn't get a chance to talk to him. or didn't have the guts to go talk to him when i could cause he was there with some people and with some other fans. FUCK! =( Least memorable keith day.... sigh... was the worst in fact cause i didn't get anything from him, but at least i got a glance from him on stage no? does that count? FUCK! he should have fucking acknowledge me if he saw me no? sigh... no, keith never does that. ever. Takes a bullfight to get his attention on stage. sigh.




This is the OC


GUIDE TO GUYS OF DAYS AWAY:-


Tim - Very approachable, very casual. But don't expect Tim to stick around for long conversations =D Something to do with either short attention span or over enigmatic personality or alcohol or all three! I think you can talk to Tim for a long time, and for serious conversations (probably involves music) but my interactions with Tim so far has been very friendly but brief cause he seems to have a million friends around everywhere all the time, and you can only always get a fraction of his time before he has to jump some place else.... that's my take anyway.

Chris - Approacable. Joker. hahahahaha. no, seriously. Out of the whole band probably Chris generates most jokes and you can joke around with him alot. Of course you can with the rest of the band too but Chris, i think he can be really fun to talk to cause he's also a very casual person.

Austin - Austin.... hmmm.... The quieter one in the band but if you give him time, you can have very long and deep conversations with him. I think if you strike up a good conversational subject with him, you can get pretty far more than the rest of the band because i must say, of the whole band, Austin is the least distracted, especially after a show.... Before a show.... hmmm... i've had more than one occasion where he has said to me "sorry, i need to go do something inside, but i'll be back out," And if you ever hear that from Austion, be sure to take note tht his 'be back out' means AFTER THE SHOW. But after the show if they are not many fans around, Austin is the one in the band u can get a substantial conversation with.

Keith - Hmmm.... Quiet but socialble (wha-?) But that's true.... I think Keith is quiet but if you really want to talk to him about music or along those lines, you can really get alot out of him. Just remember, MUSIC is the keyword. Like Nate (of Finch), I don't really think he's the antisocial type, i think if you catch him at the moments when he's not overcrowded with things, and if you talk to him about music, you can actually talk to him quite abit. But i guess, if not douse with substantial amount of alcohol, you sometimes do need to work on Keith for a conversation- or even to start a conversation. Key thing to note about Keith also is that, alot of people want alot of him most of the time also- so he's always out and about and alot of his time is demanded of him from alot of people. And not just that, it's like, everyone know Keith, you know, and if there's anything up with the band, Keith's always the one that they go to for final decisions. So basically, he's a real busy guy- and perhaps, he'd like abit of time on his own too--- and I think Keith is also someone whom you can be extremely close with if he knows you well- but he's someone who's also quite moody (I THINK) and you really have to play by the time. He's the type who at one moment can be your best friend that you don't realize that he's also a very reclusive person who tries to keep an arm's length to anyone he's not absolutely close with. (yeap, termasuk aku)


BUT IN ALL- if you ever meet days away, whichever one of the FIVE, just go up and say hi and they're the one band that will NOT bite your head off. I've heard of people in some bands who are really mean to fans, but believe me, Days Away is not one of them- Ask them anything and they'll be more than happy to talk to you because you liking their music and actually enjoying yourselves at shows mean more to them that you'll ever know...


Cause like we were talking to Austin and he asked if we were going for the Troubadour show and we all said "OF COURSE!" and he was like "that is awesome... you have no idea how much that means to me."


And often you know what? Really really don't know how much it means to them.


[PLEASE VISIT THEIR SITE FOR TO LISTEN TO THEIR AWESOME SONGS]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive