Monday, June 28, 2004
EExciting
LLuxurious
AArty
IIntense
NNaive
EExciting

hontoni???? Actually, shit, it is quite true... hahahahah... except the Arty part... shite, i only try to pretend i am, except in essence, i really am not!
Name / Username:


Name Acronym Generator
From Go-Quiz.com


I was looking through some other people's blog through that Petaling Street Project thing, and i realized that I'm really unsuited to be a good journalist. No it doesn't have to do with writing. Yes my writing still sucks but it's a skill you can work on. It's just that my whole personality just don't suit it. Why I don't think I'm gonna be a good journalists?

1) I don't read enough- nuff said.
2) I don't think enough- critical?? Analytical?? NOT ME!
3) "Curiosity is the essence of a good journalist."- I failed THAT part of the class! crap.

I just don't think i have what it takes to be a good journalist. I don't like to read up on stuff, i hate books. I don't even know what the hell is going on in every day news. I have no idea what's the latest event and you know what? I don't really mind that I don't know about it. Then there's the critical thinking part and the reading part- I was reading through this girl's blog http://a.holeinmyhead.net/ and especially this other girl's blog http://n1kki.frens.net/ and all i can say is OH MY GOSH! what the hell is THAT?! All these theorists and philosophers and thinkers, whom i have heard of, of course (thanks to my wonderful brilliant brother and some classes I had to take), but though i've heard of them, i really don't know what they're about and don't think if i picked up a book they wrote, i'd even UNDERSTAND what they wrote! I just feel soooooo stupid and shallow, which of course.... I AM! what the hell... I feel like a failure... not a total failure of course but in relations to what i should know or should be knowing, I am a failure...

Sigh... i guess it's time to get off the rocks and start reading more before my brains really shrink into a pea and my head becomes an empty shell.
NO, i can't be an editor either for the simple reasons that 1) my grammar sucks 2) i don't keep up with the latest news and thus have an abolutely shitty judgement as to what is newsworthy and what is not newsworthy!
AHHHHHH why the hell am i in this major???
~sigh~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive