Monday, February 04, 2008

The Genesis

So, you know, I'm sure I've mentioned before my VERY FIRST introduction to LUNKHEAD.

It was a download of a J-Rock sampler on jpopsuki back in July 2006.

I was actually looking for Grapevine because Shuunya had recommended me that band awhile ago but it was quite hard to get their stuff (at that time).
I made a search for Grapevine on jpopsuki for a torrent and the only ones I found was a J-Rock sampler uploaded by the user j1m0n3.

In that sampler towards the last few songs was Lunkhead's Komorebi.

Well................ what's to say?

In the whole sampler, it was only Komorebi that I totally fell in love with.

And after that, well, we know, what happened!

I suppose, I liked Komorebi above all the other songs on the compilation was because it was one of the the slower songs in it, and thankfully, it's also one of Lunkhead's slower songs that was put in that compilation. But most of all, I think I fell in love at first listen, because, till this day, I still think that it's a really beautiful song... and it is...


Anyway....

the person who uploaded the compilation j1m0n3, I discovered today, is actually from MALAYSIA! (hooray people! see, i am NOT the only one in Malaysia who likes Lunkhead!!).

It's weird, isn't it? How life is sometimes so circular and the world sometimes is so small.... To know that the person who is the catalyst to all these, the person who first opened that door to me, is from the very same country that I am from... and she's hakka too not to mention! andddd... her birthday is November 18!! haha... DAMN THAT'S JUST LIKE... WTH!!.......... But really, sometimes life is very funny that way... how it works...

Anyway... for those who are interested, do visit her blog:

Photobucket

She amazes me how she is TOTALLY updated and into the Japanese music/anime/seiyuu scene!!! AMAZING!!! She has lots of reviews and introduction on anime and music and seiyuu... Very amazing! Do check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive