Thursday, February 28, 2008

来る朝燃える未来

I can never understand japanese because of the nuaces of the language that I don't understand.. Perhaps I would one day.

来る朝燃える未来 - Kuru Asa Moeru Mirai

So it was translated by the wonderful excite.jp translator as "The future that burns in (the) coming morning"

I suppose... since "moeru" (燃える burn) here modifies "future" (未来 mirai) is an adjectival verb and is not a verb, and since "kuru" (来る come) here also modifies morning (朝 asa), is also an adjectival verb and not a verb.


But.... I suppose... I really like that phrase (it's a song title by つばき)...

I like the fatalistic meaning of it and, for me anyway, I feel it's a play on words.. Because in Japanese "moeru" can both mean "bloom" (萌える) or "burn" (燃える)...
I don't know if in Japanese they would use it that way but I think a more positive and brighter outlook in life kind of person would see the phrase and think that "moeru" here should be "bloom"... Then it would be "The future that blooms in the coming morning".... But instead Tsubaki chose for the meaning to be burn, thus making it way more fatalistic "The future that burns in the coming morning"...

I feel that today.

The future that burns away, burns out, in the coming morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive