Tuesday, December 14, 2004


I dun think that courtney love.... yeapppp... courtney love gets the credit she deserves for her lyrics. I think her lyrics are simply brilliant. I think her lyrics have alot of truth in them that only a person like Courtney Love who has gone through all she has can write something like it.

Hey, this life is never fair
The angels that you need are never there

We all get our glory
A little bit of fame
But there's no truth at the heart of any of it
Just the brilliance and the passion
And the bitterness remains

Oh how he brings me down
Oh, down into the ground
I never will get out
And I never will get out

And I'll protect you from the night
It will never fall
I'll protect you from the truth
Won't hear it at all

When you're in the whirlpool
And they try to suck you in
Remember, you aren't gonna drown
Baby, 'til you have been alive
Hang on to me, forever baby
I could always swim

Hush, your highness
Don't you breathe
Baby, hold me in your arms
I'm shivering
But what's all that for?
If I was the battle
Baby, you have won the war

And I love this whole song.... "Never Gonna Be The Same" the best...... i think it's just absolutely brilliant... and seriously, i think only Courtney Love could have written something so tragically brilliant.

Cut me up today
Should've stood in your way
You lied

And everywhere a dream
Nothing came between
I died

Give me a way
I will not bleed for you
God comes down

Never gonna be the same
Never gonna be the same
Never gonna be the same

And if you wanted water
And if you want food
And if you want shelter
I can not come over to you
And if you want love now
Or a needle and a spoon
You gotta show a little faith in me now baby i can't come over to you
It's never gonna be the same
Never gonna be the same
God come on down

And if you want out
Sitting by the bay
Well the sun went down tomorrow
It will not come up today
And if you want love now
Or rapture un so cruel
If there's a god it's me
Now baby i can not come over to you
It's never gonna be the same
She drew me in anyway
She lied

You gotta show a little faith
In your old rugged cross you made
What goes up must it go down and down and down
You cried.

And if i wanted fame now
All the glory all the womb?
And if i want my name emblazened in all the light in you
And if i wanted Christ or a Messiah by my side
I can't believe in anything i know that mary lied
Sucked you up today
Could've gone in your way
Oh mary lied

Do you know
Can you feel it
Do you feel me
Yeah
And if you wanted madness and if you want whats pure
Well you gotta come over to me baby my life doesn't reach to you and
If you want love so unconditional and real you gotta ride
That black horse baby through the depths of hell that i've been
follow me away
Yeah though I walk
I will be the same
Strongest one to name
Through the valley of life
I'm gonna be the same
Goodnight goodnight goodnight
Ah goodnight
Oh you'll never be the same

BRILLIANT!!!!!

and of course... only courtney love can write lines like this and mean it.

I am the centre of the unverise
I am the centre of the universe
I am the centre of the universe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive