Monday, August 11, 2003
like a bad star, i'm falling faster down to her- she's the only one who knows what it is to burn-

i should listen to Finch again..... i think i had the best time of my life at my very first Finch show in UK- I wish I knew more of their songs back then- I know they played Untitled and Post Scripts and Grey Matter but I didn't know those songs- First night was great cause they opened with What It Is To Burn, though I didn't really know the song back then, how sad, why did i NEVER check Finch out when WIITB was released until April did I only check them out, why did I wait?? sigh... But they opened with What It Is To Burn, and then they went into Ender and I was TOTALLY shocked- I was like "What?! I never thought they'd play this song!!" cause well... it's like 5-6 minutes long (16 mins on the album, what a waste of batteries =D). And then somewhere in the set they actually played Stay With Me- that was just plain awesome that they did- it was the first and it was the LAST ever time I ever heard them play Stay With Me. Very sad they chose to disown that song cause I must say, it's very un-Finch, and I don't think that's the sound OR the lyrics and image that Finch wants to potray- i mean what the heck! "cause every star that I see is brighter than the last, so stay with me"- GOSH NATE! SAPPY! But hell! I love it! I rememeber the very first time I checked out the lyrics for Stay With Me cause I couldn't figure out what Nate was singing in that last line- and when I read "cause every star that I see is brighter than the last" i was like "WHAT?! FINCH writing THIS???"- as much as I didn't know Finch's music at all at that time, but seriously, FINCH! I mean, i heard Awake like months before that and Awake sounded NOTHING like Stay With Me!!! Gosh... Well, Stay WIth Me is still Finch's sweetest song- yes and written by Nate for his beautiful girlfriend Ivy ;) But I like that song, I know it's very un-Finch, but it's just plain lovely- the lyrics are just absolutely sincere too- it's like I don't feel that "cause every star that I see is brighter than the last" is sappy at all if you read the rest of the lyrics- cause the lyrics DOES paint a story and potrait, and you can really see Nate there all nervous driving Ivy home or something- and when it comes to the last line of the song, it doesn't sound too far fetch that every star he sees is brighter than the last-

Anyways, enough about Finch- yeah right, elaine, when will you ever say enough about Finch-

I guess I just miss them-


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive