Wednesday, March 13, 2019

THE NOVEMBERS - Angels



NOVEMBERSおめでとうー


Wow. The new NOVEMBERS album needs digesting. And I think I mean that in a good way. It’s most definitely a huge break from their previous stuff. I’m definitely no music connoisseur, but it’s like a lesser version of NIN meets... wha? I mean this in a good way. 


The album is titled Angels but the sounds conjure anything but. Unless said angel is a fallen one ( ̄▽ ̄)

It’s like a collection of distortion and noise, or- “what music can be birthed in this distortion and noise, let’s figure that out”.


And why’s Kobayashi still so angry? He has like a what? 4-year-old kid? Daughter at that! He should mellow down, haha ^^;


The titular track “Angels” has a bit of 70s Beatlesque British Rock going for it, and sans the distortions is totally NOT representative of the album’s overall sound.


Closing track “Everything” has a really 80s pop (?) feel.


I think most easily accessible tracks would be Angels, Everything and


Although, I think... I might actually prefer the other tracks because they’re more bold and they push the edge of noise that I think NOVEMBERS is trying to take with this album.

The mellower tracks skirt at the periphery, and contains elements from previous sounds. While safe, I feel they lack the guts to make them stand out in an album that screams noise and distortion to the nth degree.


Anyway, this is just the first listen. This album definitely isn’t easy listening. Will take time to process meanwhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive