Monday, February 04, 2019

Yesterday we had our second 2-hour drum lesson in a long time. Maybe more than a year.

But ended up talking with sensei for half the lesson haha. And we didn’t do much except accenting.
I can’t help but feel like I disappointed him with “play whatever you want”. Bleh.
I don’t like to disappoint him. Because I do respect him.
But I also don’t trust him when he praises me too much.
I think he’s just being nice.
But I don’t like disappointing him.

I’m also weak at accenting.
I still can’t grasp the fundamental of drumming: 4-8-16.
It’s like I get so confused. 
And it’s true that the only way I can play is by sound.
That I can’t understand a pattern unless I grasp the melody of the pattern.
That’s bad isn’t it???????
Sensei says it’s ok, but I don’t think it is.
Ah.

Oh well :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive