Saturday, February 23, 2019

ほし

When we leave the heat of the city and enter into the sparse dim lights of the country, as we draw closer, the cold, the darkness envelopes.


“What do you really lose if you lose him? Seriously.” He asked.


There was no answer because I didn’t know.


Maybe I’ll lose the sweetness of a memory that’s now dead and gone.

Maybe I’ll lose a connection I thought I might have had.

Maybe I’ll lose...

Maybe I’d lose.


“I don’t know,” I answered.

Because I really didn’t know or I just couldn’t articulate the feeling of loss that’s in my heart.


I don’t know.


And still those nights in your car remain.

And those conversations we had.

As few as they were.

As superficial as they were.

Maybe that’s what I’m sad to lose, but then... what’s there to lose if it’s already gone?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive