Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Melampau much????

Today, we couldn't reserve a two-hour slot at the regular studio in Shimokita so we went to Studio Noah (a popular and the widest chain studio) in Shimokita instead and we got THIS studio:

 

Overdoing it much???????

It's like the size of my apartment!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Anyway, we decided to change a bit of Song 6 again. But this time I just don't think I have enough time to do it well so I think on the lesson on Sunday, I'm not gonna play it to sensei. But I might show him so he can help me.

Basically I'm also going to add opening and closing the hi-hat at the end of every bar for the last round of [C] and [C'].
I think the melody of the song just calls for it and it's really suitable!! 
But.. Alas, I can't play it well.
I keep forgetting the double kick on the bass drum on beat-3. And when I do remember it, I mess up the hi-hat.
Sighhhhhh...

But that said. I don't think it's impossible for me to play it. I think it's just gonna take repeated practice to get the hang of playing it. I just don't have enough time to practice before the lesson to play it accurately enough.

I remember in my first few lessons (and by that, I think it was the 2nd or 3rd lesson, since I'm only really actually on my 8th lesson this week ^^;), after sensei showed me the fill-in and I protested with "ムリ!" (that's impossible!). He told me, "it's not impossible, it's just a matter of practice".

I'm beginning to really understand that he might actually be right.
I'll never come 1% close to his ability and talent with all the fucking effort I put in, but I also think that if he did teach me something, if I do practice hard enough, as long as I can understand and hear the beat, I think I might be able to play it.

On that note, I also think that the single BEST FUCKING ADVICE, or should I actually say ADMONISHING that sensei said to me was: "it's not your playing that's bad, it's your listening". And he proceeded to tell me that I'm listening to my own playing and not the metronome and THAT is fucking bad.

And I think he is ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY right.

I often find it so much easier to grasps and play if and when I manage to HEAR the beat or song. Easier said than actually done!!!!!

So I need to learn to LISTEN. Before I can actually play.

Talking about LISTENING and fill-ins!!!

SAD!!!

But listening to today's recording, I noticed that I am fucking up the tempo of my fill-in!!!!!

So instead of playing a continuous 12341234, I'm playing 1234-1234, with a pause between!! 

WHY THE FUCK ELAINE WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

So this means....

I HAVE TO PRACTICE FILL INS AGAIN!!!

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

 
Let's pretend we actually know what we're doing........ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive