Saturday, May 06, 2017

Drum Lesson May #1

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Soooooooo incredibly happy!!!! \(^o^)/

Sooooooooooo all my effort practicing drums like MAD paid off!!!!!!!

Sensei was really happy with my improvement!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.
Well.
To qualify that statement, to be fair:

1) Sensei was in an unusually good mood. He started the lesson with "wow, your clothes are like for summer" (it was like summer that day!!!!!!!!).
2) He probably had looooooooooow expectations, based on my previous lessons' performance!!


BUT ANYWAY.

For the 16-beats. He was really happy with my tempo.
I still screwed up 100bpm a bit so I still need to rehearse that.
But he said my tempo was good and I told him I practiced TONS and he said he could tell! (Tiny *yay!*)

Then I made the mistake of asking him about SOUND, coz my fill in sound doesn't sound as beautiful and clean as I'd like it to be.
Musician that he is, SOUND is fucking important to him!
So he taught me how to hit properly (with relaxed WRISTS! Not with your hand!!)
THANKFULLY I didn't fuck up and he was happy!!!! 
(Flashback to the disastrous lesson in February when I fucked uo real bad and he was so upset)

Then!

We went on to Song 6!!!!

SURPRISINGLY I didn't fuck up any of the parts!!!!!
Anddddddd at the end of he song, SENSEI CLAPPED!!!!!!
And said 「びっくり!!!」(I'm surprised!!!)

But anyway he was really happy with my progress and told me at the end of the lesson that he even most of his Japanese students don't make such big improvement so quickly.

I was sooooo happy!!
I'm so happy coz my efforts paid off!!!
Sensei was well pleased andddddddd I DIDN'T GET REPRIMANDED!!!!! (^◇^;)

Anyway......

But this also means I'm kinda fucked next lesson coz he'll be expecting waaaaaaaay more!!!!

Anddddddd Sensei is moody.
He'd probably be in a bad mood next lesson!!!
😱😱😱😱😱😱😱

頑張ります!!!o(^_-)O

By the way, I think Sensei tried to decipher my notes:

 

It's in English so he can't understand but I think he understood the 16-beat fill in coz I wrote たまにok (sometimes ok). And he made me play that to check.

He couldn't understand what I meant by the kick but he basically took it out and told me I didn't need to kick at beat-3 for the fill in. 正確に練習したのに、、😞

But anyway, maybe I'll try to write more in Japanese for practices from now on.
It was not meant for Sensei to read but it wouldn't be bad as a feedback for him too to know what I'm struggling with.

HOLY SHIT! This hobby has turned fucking serious!
WTFFFFFF!!!

 
Sensei's notes this month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive