Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The grass is not always greener on the other side

"I have tried every since he died to make his sacrifice meaningful," she wrote. "Casey died for a country which cares more about who will be the next American Idol than how many people will be killed in the next few months while Democrats and Republicans play politics with human lives."

"I will try to maintain and nurture some very positive relationships that I have found in the journey that I was forced into when Casey died and try to repair some of the ones that have fallen apart since I began this single-minded crusade to try and change a paradigm that is now, I am afraid, carved in immovable, unbendable and rigidly mendacious marble."

- Cindy Sheehan, the California mother who became an anti-war leader after her son was killed in Iraq.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive