Friday, April 29, 2005
All That I've Got

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Used's All That I've Got live from Soma is looping on the radio and it's making me feel very emo.... and i do mean EMOTIONAL in every sense of the word.

Soma, San Diego. It's so weird, how life is like this. Three years ago, I listened to songs 6000 miles away back in Malaysia wondering and wishing i could be singing those same songs there live, with the bands in that mosh pit.... And now, in a couple of months I'm probably going to listen to this song All That I've Got live from SOMA back in Malaysia remembering how it was like to be in the mosh pit in san diego when i first saw Finch when i first got here, and then my last show with Taking Back Sunday in my first year here, and then FINALLY seeing Blink 182 there last year.... and how Michelle called me last year on new year's day in Malaysia so i could hear the countdown and show with Taking Back Sunday..... it was alll so surreal... and in a few months... it's all going to be just a memory that a song will revoke these strange memories now so far away, once, part of my life... so beautiful....

there are places you go and people you meet and experience that you go through that will always remain in your heart no matter what and no matter where you are.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



and to that end i will always remember the venues i've been to... Soma in San Diego, The Palace/Avalon on Hollywood/Vine, The Palladium, The Roxy, Whiskey and of course House of Blues on Sunset, Troubadour on Santa Monica and Doheny, Chain in Anaheim, Glasshouse in Pomona, and of course, the Jimmy Kimmel Show....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com


And all the people I've met along the way and the millions of memories that you shared with me that made my days here in America so damn wonderful... LUIS, MICHELLE, Melissa, Michelle and Jessica, Johanna, Johnny, Jessica, Allison, Nicole, Annel, Vicky, Nicole, Meiho and all of you whom i extremely miss because i've not gone for shows with you guys for soooooooooooo long. I miss the hours we spent sitting on them conrete floors in the cold/rain/sunshine for hours waiting for shows to start....


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I miss the emo side... and of course i miss all you Blink 182/Finch friends.... You really opened your friendship and YOUR HOME to me so openly even if i was the foreigner, even if i was new, but you took me in and were always there for me as a friend... i miss you all, and I will always remember you because when i look back at these three years here, my best times were all spent with you while we lived and died together in that pit, or when we were just friends you know, because we loved the same bands.... I remember the Finch shows, I remember the Taking Back Sunday shows, waiting outside Soma, I remember the pavements of the Jimmy Kimmel shows, ouh man and i remember the pits and how we had to hold on tight, I remember palladium (it's ALWAYS cold there i have no idea why!), i remember Irvine when we went for Blink, and i remember that night in Hollywood as we waited for Brand New and how i felt in that one moment, so happy that i was here.... The memories are wonderful, the feeling was great... but you guys were incredibly awesome that made it all beautiful always... and i really miss you.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My best days in America were forged on the concrete pavements of Hollywood waiting for shows with all of you....

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
erm... dude on left on the left pic is not a "friend" he's bert of the Used.. and dude on right of the right pic is UNFORTUNATELY not friend, he's Nate of Finch.

I'll be just fine
Pretending I'm not
I'm far from lonely
And it's all that I've got
And it's all that I've got
Yeah, it's all that I've got

"you're what makes america so great"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive