Sunday, January 17, 2010

Recent Disco System

Bands I've been listening to a lot.. Post Japan-Dream Destruction and subsequent fallout:


I've gone back American, actually =) Which is cool. These bands coupled with watching ALOT of House has really made me love America once again, after a really, really, really long time being in a haze with Japan.



THE AMERICAN PAST:

Northstar
- My Ricochet (acoustic and album versions)
- Taker not Giver
- Cinderella
- Rigged and Ready

New Found Glory (DAMN! It HAS been awhile!)
- The Story So Far
- Downhill From Here
(wow..... put together the two titles really sound depressing and bleak!)

Taking Back Sunday
-Miami (wow!! Who'd have thought this song!)

Brand New
- Soco Amaretto Lime
- Logan to Government Center

Fall Out Boy
-Sophomore Slump and Comeback Year
- Of All the Gin Joints In The World
- Sugar, We're Going Down

The Format
- The First Single (Cause A Scene)

Cassino
- The Gin War

Dashboard Confessional
- Vindicated
- Thick as Thieves

Reuben's Accomplice
- Lost Sun

Thursday
- Standing At The Edge of Summer (STILL my FAV Thursday song!!)


I just redownloaded Something Corporate again and mannnnn... listening to the songs really brings me back to the KDU days back in 2001... geez... Next few bands I wanna RELISTEN this week is definitely gonna be Blink-182 and Finch... Oh oh  oh!! And STARTING LINE too!!!... I'm sure I'm missing out some bands, but mannn... Really feel like I'm back in that first spring in America!


BLAST FROM THE PAST:

Placebo - Every Me, Every You
Garbage - When I Grow Up
The Verve - Freshmen (HOLYCOW!)
Our Lady Peace - Clumsy (HOLYCOW!!!)

Don McLean - American Pie
Bob Dylan - Mr. Tambourine Man


Gosh.... I feel 16 when I listen to these songs!!! What's next?? OASIS??? ahahahahaha... we'll see, we'll see if that Brit Pop feelin comes to me... But seriously? American and Brit nostalgia at the same time??? I think that'd be too much!


夢から覚めたあとの歌


WELL... I TOTALLY HAVEN'T felt like listening to ANY Japanese songs at all recently after the whole dream having crumbled... Thus explain the completely English and American-heavy playlist above...
Anyway... Considering that I HAD TO completely change my Japanese playlist, because I CANNOT listen to anything before... especially Lunkhead and Tsubaki... For some unknown reason, the first band whose sound just suddenly came up in my head was Orge You Asshole, so yes, they've been on REALLY REALLY heavy rotation as of late.


Orge You Asshole (mannn their songs are so damn upbeat!)
- かたっぽ
- しらない合図しらせる子
- ピンホール
- コインランドリー

plenty (I downloaded this band awhile back but didn't really play the album till now, quite good)
- 東京
- 後悔
- 理由
- ボクのために歌う吟

砂場 - 影炎 (This was the first band I listened to post the Japan  Disaster... I got this song from Quip 58 Sampler)

Multi Color Vox - Yellow (Holyshit!! This is an INCREDIBLE song!!!!!!! This song is TOTALLY Finch!! It could have easily been in Finch's discography except for the whole Japanese singing thingy... lols... TOTALLY. It's like the LOST Finch song that they forgot how to make! lols!)


Yeap, that's it... That's all I've been listening to for the past 2 months. But I'm checkign out new bands recently and I've added S.R.S and D.W.ニコルズ and hare-brained unity back to the playlist... So hopefully, I'll be able to listen to Lunkhead and Tsubaki soon again...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive