Wednesday, April 01, 2009

stay what you are

Today, I had a sudden craving to listen to "Kelly Song" by The Movielife, so i dug out the old external drive and up the song into the itouch.... Along with it I also uploaded Saves The Day stuff too!

Anyway, SAVES THE DAY IS AN AMAZING BAND DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I Really REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY miss singing out, screaming out and ROCKING OUT with songs man!!! Seriously!!!

Dude, my music completely lacks English music. I realized that of the 500 songs in the iTouch I have less than 20 English songs dude.

I mean, I love Japanese music and all that and I love Lunkhead and Tsubaki and Art-School and Syrup16g and Sekaiichi and all those bands but DUDE, I think nothing beats totally rocking out and singing your heart out with the words of a song!!! Seriously!! I Really miss that!!!

I mean, I think you can memorize lyrics after awhile even if you can't understand what you're singing... But it's just different.. Different to just sing it out and sing what you mean and just fall in love with the words and the tune and the awesomeness of the song in its entirety.


THAT SAID THOUGH.........

I was thinking to myself when I was listening to Firefly's bridge... when Chris sings...

"To me you are the light from a light bulb that breaks sometimes
and the tender warmth inside is released into my life
and it smothers me in flames that lick and scorch my face.
As the smoke reaches the sky know I'm burning tonight."

I thought these words are just simply so damn awesome.... So damn well written you know??? Just amazing...

I really, really, really miss lyrics like these!!!

Don't get me wrong, I am sure the Japanese bands I listen to has kicked out something as great and amazing (Lunkhead's Tsuki to Tenohira dude!!!), but I can't understand them...

ANd it just felt wonderful to understand such amazing words and more amazing to hear them...

And I thought to myself, "man, I should check out English bands again"

BUT THEN, THE REALIZATION STRUCK ME AT THAT MOMENT.

I can't check out English bands.

I think it doesn't matter whether I understand the language.

I think, that era is over, you know? That era of the glory of old Saves the Day, old Taking Back Sunday, old Brand New.... They're all OVER. And that was the glory. THESE SONGS are all there is.

And it's very naive of me to think I can just go online and check out bands and expect to find something as awesome again.

I'm dead wrong.

I won't find them.

Cause THAT was the best that it got.

And these are the only songs that there is.



Anyway, I guess that's the realization that i got today...

I always want to check out new bands (English bands anyway), hoping that there would be some gem, like those of the former glory days... But I never realized until today that music does change and music does evolve (or... degenerate)... And thus, when something is over, it's over, that glory and that beauty won't be able to be recaptured when it's gone.


So, yeah, I guess Firely, Sell My Old Clothes I'm Off To Heaven, Nightingale, Freakish, This Is Not An Exit, are all we have!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive