Friday, April 03, 2009

つばき 「流星ノート」 Review! ^-^

Ok... I think this is long delayed hahaha..

Actually, I like Tsubaki a lot. In fact, if I really think about it, I like them more than a lot.

I think they're a great band with awesome, awesome music. I think their older albums are amazing albums and I personally feel that Portrait+ is a perfect album. I don't give out "perfect album" much! Really, but I do think that every song on that song was perfectly crafted and I think they went major on that album and that album's sounds and songs contained a perfect blend of Tsubaki's rock with the wonders (but not overdone) sound engineering and mixing.

And I love Tsubaki's rock songs. I think they're amazing to rock out with, I think there's a force that drives their songs, and I think some of them are amazingly catchy without being poppish. Wonderful, to sum it all up.


Anyway, okay, so brings us to Ryusei Note, their latest full-length album. Kudos to coming up with an album every year.

Photobucket

Ryuusei Note (Meteor Note), Isshiki-san's own pic!


Well I wrote in the Japanese blog that I have a feeling that Isshiki-san might go indie rock on us! Lol... I mean, he seems to be listening to alot of indie rock bands lately, so there's bound to be some influence!

But this album, hmm...

For one thing, it's not as acoustic or as mellow as their previous album, Kakusei World (hey! wots with mixing Japanese and English words in the titles?!), but it's definitely not as perfectly molded as Portrait+ before that, and it's also not as raw and driving as their old stuff.

So where does this album stand?

Actually, I thought that at first listen, this album might not be as much of a force as a usual older Tsubaki albums (not including Kakusei World ). I thought the songs were well mixed, not too overdone yet, but too rounded perhaps and Tsubaki this time didn't have that much of an edge as their usual rock songs.... OR did Isshiki-san really go Indie rock on us?!?!?!?!

Well, I didn't think he did. I thought the songs were still quite rock, just that, it was quite different from Tsubaki's usual sounds! I guess that's why it feel different, perhaps!

BUTTTTT, I feel that the beauty of this album comes after careful listen-- When you do listen deeper into the sounds and hear the arrangements of the instruments and their coming together in a flow. I think the beauty of the album lies in there.

I think in that sense, this album is even more magically crafted than any of their previous stuff, Portrait+ including. When you hear the songs and not just at the surface, that's where you'll hear the brilliance of the composition.

Yeah!! So, I do enjoy this album and I think it's definitely a great release!

My favourite track are, 春の嵐 (dude! he sings "I love you" here.. Woo! Well I love you too!! Lol~ ahahhha. Btw, this is my fav song off the album.), 傘, 脱ぎ捨てて (the bridge part is awesome! Can't decide if I like this song better or 白い街の灯) and 君がいなければ, and of course 銀河列車 and 光.... I think the other songs in the album can DEFINITELY grow on you! Cause they're quite catchy!! Somehow they got some catchy dancy tunes in this album hahahaha... TRY 膨らむ夢に薔薇の棘 or even 銀河列車! That'll get you dancing in no time! lol...

Well okay, now i just need to understand what he's singing, lol... But the songs seem to be upbeat songs lol)

Yeah... so did I tell you I like Tsubaki alot? More than alot alot? Lol...

I do..

lol.

2 comments:

lops-sama said...

Nice review! I want to hear this album! Love your blog, just an hour reading it, haha!

lops-sama said...

...spend an hour reading it...^^

Post a Comment

Blog Archive