Saturday, April 18, 2009

Los Angeles, Riverside, Calif., Tampa, Fla., and Buffalo, N.Y., round out the top five cities where it's hardest to get by. While Riverside and Tampa are foreclosure hotspots, and Buffalo is a fading Rust Belt city, Los Angeles is a somewhat surprising chart topper.

The median income in Los Angeles is a bit higher than the national average at $56,680, the cost of living is very high--48 points above the national average--and unemployment is 10.2%. Los Angeles County lost 41,900 jobs in 2008, and it's projected to lose 89,000 more in 2009, according to local officials. Most of the job losses were in retail, manufacturing and construction, just as they were in Providence


hmmm hmmm... oh my....

But well... LA I can understand but RIVERSIDE???? Dude the last I checked, there was NOTHING in Riverside! Or am I getting my cities mixed up??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive