Sunday, March 01, 2009

The End of Something

Well Jarod is leaving America for good today.

The end of something, huh...

I guess what's sad is that, I also feel like part of my history dies with his leaving.


I remember when I was in Boston back in 2005/2006, I used to travel down to Phily almost every weekend to hang out with him. It was crazy because the trip to and from Phily itself would take like 18 hours, and I'd spend about 12 hours in Phily....... just to eat Katsudon or Bak Kut Teh and watch anime with him. Or we'd meet at New York to have dim sum.

Still, they were great times, you know? Those were really, really mundane but very, very memorable weekends...

I suppose when finest lines divides a night well spent from a waste of time.


I guess, I also feel sad with his leaving because it also means a true end to all that.


I wonder how long these places stay with you, even if you have left. I feel as if I can still feel it all, what it felt like those times...

And the places you've been to never really leave you. They're just there, buried beneath the life you have to live everyday... Resurfacing only when you sit alone in your room, or an almost familiar sight on a train brings to your mind the recollection of the vision of a past, the view the sights the sounds the feelings the people the moments the places... So near in your heart in an opaque vision in your mind, yet..... so damn far away... and you can never have it back again.

I guess that's what most of what America is to me, and the bits and pieces of Japan that still remains.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive