Sunday, March 01, 2009

きらりいろ

I've been waiting all this time to be, something I can't define
So let's cause a scene, clap our hands and stomp our feet or something,
yeah something I've just got to get myself over me


I love this chorus from The First Single, by The Format. I guess I miss listening to good English music because lyrics are always the best. I'm still a "writer" after all, and not a musician.

But I love this chorus. I love these lines. Because they always remind me to get myself over me.


I know I am someone who is very insecure inside. Very.

And because of that, no matter how kind or generous and co-operative I want to be, I know that my insecurities always get the better of me, and I always have a hidden insecure jealousy gnawing me inside. I hate that part of myself very much. I AM aware of this part of my shitty personality that causes me to be INCREDIBLY selfish most of the time and I hate it. But somehow, I just can't stop myself.

I really don't like this part of me.

But,

I love those lines from The First Single because it always, always reminds myself that I should probably get myself over me.


And yes, I want to love everyone.

I want to be generous to everyone.

I want to be absolutely kind.

I want to be absolutely sincere.

I know I am an honest person, and I try my best to be as sincere as I can. I know I am probably more honest about my feelings than most are-- But I also know that when I am insecure, my heart is black. And I hate that blackness...


I want to get myself over me.

Because I want to learn to be a truly good person.

Because I want to be a good friend.

I want to be a true friend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive