Wednesday, April 30, 2008

watching TV makes you stupid....

Well.... ok... the song didn't exactly say that, but didn't it imply that watching TV burns your bright future?!?!?!

nevertheless....

I really want to check out these jdrama series.... I really kawtow to those people whose blogs I've visited. How on earth did they manage to watch so many series =______=

Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (Hani Kimi)
(Ashiya Mizuki, a Japanese girl in the U.S. who one day sees the young athlete Sano Izumi (Oguri) compete in the high jump on television. She begins to idolize him, and decides to move to Japan to attend the same school as him. However, Izumi goes to an all-boys school, so Mizuki disguises herself as a boy to achieve her dream of being with her idol.)

Hmmm... I came across the manga version of this series many years ago... but I wasn't attracted to read the manga... I don't really like shoujo mangas that much... But somehow, this is one of the series that sounds like it's a good watch as a live action... So i really want to buy this series from somewhere.... I hate torrenting (IT'S SLOW!!!)


Tokyo Friends (the series and the movie)
(Otsuka Ai plays the character of a small town girl who goes to Tokyo chasing after her dream... On arrival, she finds a job as a waitress in a restaurant and meets guitarist Ryuuji Shintani. Ryuuji likes her voice and invites her to join his band as the vocalist, The Survival Company.
ANDDDD the character comes from SHIKOKU!! muahahahah Yoshitaroooo~~~~~)

I saw the preview of this series on Astro, actually... And I really liked the songs on it... So i downloaded the OST... But I've been unable to download the series... The movie is for sale but for some reason, the series is not.. It's only 5 episodes too!


Eli, Eli, Lema Sabachthani (movie)
(A rich millionaire hires a detective to find a cure for the “Lemming Syndrome,” as his only grandchild is stricken with the disease. The detective learns that the live music played by the band Stepin Fetchit may have the innate ability to cure people stricken with the disease. Now the grandfather, detective and the granddaughter travel to find the musicians and cure the granddaughter of Lemming Syndrome.)

Hmm... I came across this movie just today while i was randomly browsing through ebay... I thought it was really interesting and if I can find a way to watch this relatively cheaply, I'd love to check it out.


Orange Days (Series)
(One day, Kai Yuuki meets a girl who is playing violin in campus. She is Sae Hagio. In marked contrast to her beautiful tone and attractive looks, her personality is somewhat impertinent. And to top it off, she communicates through very vulgar sign language. Four years ago, she lost the most important thing for a violinist - her hearing.)

I saw the DVD for sale the other day at Speedy video... for SIXTY BUCKS... so i decided to download it... It's almost done... then my comp got hit by a virus, so i have suspended all downloading activity... But would like to check it out ^__^



Besides those, Aida has asked me to check out Hana Yori Dango (Meteor Garden). Hmmm... Like Hana Kimi, I've known about the series for awhile but I've never checked it out... Maybe it's too shoujo??? hahahahahahaha.... Anyway... it's TWO seasons.. so let's see how it goes.

I WOULD like to check out Hana Yori and Hana Kimi... For some reason, there are some shoujo series that I think would be nice to be watch as a live action and not the manga version or anime... I guess... that's because shoujo series can get too sickeningly sweet sometimes!! hahahaha... and the drawing and expressions on Anime and Manga can really overload it! hahahaha... I dunno!! I suppose!! hahaha....

Anyway.... I'm VERY picky with entertainment (except music I guess)... Its always the same type of books, the same genre of music, the same themed animes, etc etc... I don't like anything that's too dramatic and sad (which leaves out 99.9999999% of all j/k/t dramas hahaha)... Actually I prefer watching comedies or mystery series for japanese movies and dramas (I like those food type of shows the best!!! It's always wacky and interesting!!), I like action/adventure with a little mix of romance for animes, I like BRAINLESS ACTION FLICKS! for Hollywood movies, and as for books... it really depends on my mood hahaha... but nothing drama!!! LOOONGGGGG and BOOORING...


I am currently watching:

Yu Yu Hakusho (anime)
YEAH.... FINALLY..... wanted to watch this like YEARSSS ago... to hell with downloading.. the entire 112 episodes was onsale for only 50 bucks the other day. It's okay... abit too much repetitive fighting.......... like pokemon style of fighting hahahahahahaha

Busou Renkin (anime)
Was also on sale!! only 17 bucks!!! Anyway, i did not know (or kinda forgot) that the manga of this series is by Nobuhiro Watsuki!!!! The creator of Rurouni Kenshin!! But anyway, this story is very different from Kenshin.... Still good though!

Food Detective 2 (series)
Yeappppp I told you I like food japanese drama... So have been watching this one... Just still till ep3, though... Kinda long, 1 hour each episode!! hahaha


Currently Reading:

Inuyasha
PLEASE ENDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! Looks like the end is NEAR!! REALLY NEAR!!! But dude... it's Inuyasha and Takahashi Rumiko!! So we better keep our fingers crossed yo!!

Gakuen Alice
DUDE, this series KICKS ASS! PERIOD. DUDE. KICKS ASS!! It might LOOK elementary school but dude!! The story is AWESOME!!


And NO, my Japanese is NOT improving one bit!!! =_______=
But well, at least I can understand more of Yu Yu Hakusho in Japanese when then subbing is COMPLETELY wrong and doesn't make sense...


There goes my "bright" future, Isshiki-san.... *sigh*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive