Sunday, February 28, 2010

hitch your wagon

I want this dream because...

Because I want to live this dream.

because.

I want my parents' sacrifices for my life be worth it.
I want them to have something to tell their friends, at least it wouldn't be the sad tale of "She's a part time teacher".
I want all that they have given for me to mean something to them. To let them feel that it was all worth it.

because.

I want all the stupid choices I have made in my life to be proven to be the right ones.
I want all the wrong choices that I have made regarding my career to be worth the mistakes.

because.
I want to be able to lift my head and not doubt in my belief in life.

that life is infinite. that life is beautiful. that you can make your life into anything you want it to.


I want to be proven right.

To be proven that there IS power in dreams, in believing, in learning to dream and to want more in this life.

That's what I want to be, you know, to let my friends know, that..

that those stupid songs we used to listen to as kids, those songs we heard and were inspired by in life... that they are real.

life can change and you're not stuck in vain
the impossible is possible tonight

It's funny how your dreams
Change as you're growing old
You don't wanna be no spaceman
You just want the gold
All the dream stealers
Are lying in wait
But if you wanna be a spaceman
It's still not too late

Well it's alright
And It's alright
Who are you and me to say
What's wrong and what's right
Do you still feel like me
We sit down here
And we shall see
We can talk
About common ground
And we can just forget
About feeling down
We can just forget
About life in this town.



I want to believe in all that. And I want others to believe in all that.

To believe in the power of their dreams.

And not to surrender them in growing up.


I want, Lord, I wish for my dream to come true for all these selfish reasons.

Because it's part of who I am.

To give up, to ask me to give up on this, is to ask me to give up all that I've ever believed in life, about life...

and I can't do that.

And I want so much for this dream to happen,

because, I need to know that my belief is right.

That this world, this life, can be just so much more...

and I'm not just a daydream believer fool.


I'm not saying right is wrong
It's up to us to make
The best of all things that come our way
And all the things that came have past
The answer's in the looking glass
There's four and twenty million doors
Down life's endless corridor
Say it loud and sing it proud
And they...

Will dance if they want to dance
Please brother take a chance
You know they're gonna go
Which way they wanna go
All we know is that we don't know
What is gonna be
Please brother let it be
Life on the other hand won't let you understand
Why we're all part of the masterplan


Maybe I will never be
All the things that I want to be
But now is not the time to cry
Now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me
We see things they'll never see
You and I are gonna live forever
We're gonna live forever

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive