Monday, October 26, 2009

TSUBAKI!!! FIGHT ON!!!!

OK, here is つばき again.

These are two of the newer/latest Tsubaki songs that I really love. Kimi ga inakereba (君がいなければ) and Hikari (光)! I really like these songs coz I thought Isshiki-san's vocals are really powerful here! He sings really really really well in these two songs~ His voice has definitely matured since!


Actually, I'm sending it coz I am really sad for Tsubaki. I think they're an awesome band, would you not agree also??? But for SOME TERRIBLE reason, they just won't get popular... I think it's really sad!!!

I got to know Tsubaki after Lunkhead, of course, but at that time when I first saw Tsubaki live, I thought they were bigger than Lunkhead, since it was Lunkhead who was the support band for Tsubaki's tour. But within a year after that first live, Lunkhead actually became more popular than Tsubaki!

And then, after that, Tsubaki... Well, Isshiki-san anyway, in his blog introduced Merenge (メレンゲ) to the readers. He spoke really highly of the band... And guess what? Not even 6 months after that, Merenge actually became even MORE popular than Tsubaki!!! Everyone (well most of the usual j-rock/pops/indies English-speaking listeners online) started listening to Merenge! MORE THAN TSUBAKI!

Then after Merenge, we found out about this other band People in the Box, through random downloads of course..... And guess what??? Five months later, People in the Box, which was almost unknown just last year, has now rivaled Tsubaki in popularity!!!!!

WTH!!!

I mean, okay, it's not a popularity contest, of course... But really, still... I think Tsubaki is an amazing band and people should know about them... I guess... Tsubaki is not one of those new and suddenly popular bands... I guess the more you listen to this genre, you'll find out about Tsubaki and at that time you'll only know how awesome their songs are...

SO I HOPE!

頑張って!つばき皆!!!


光〜hikari〜(Akeboshi Piano Version ) - つばき - Tsubaki

君がいないければ - つばき - Tsubaki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive