Tuesday, October 13, 2009

サマーウォーズ - Summer Wars

Sometimes, when I walk into kino or a bookstore and I look for manga or when i browse through the anime section of a video store, I can't help but feel "wth...". But on the other hand, I can't deny manga or anime because it was because of Anime that I first liked Japan. So, I guess, it is part of me!

ANYWAY.

Yes, although I have not watched any anime for quite awhile now and have not been following any manga or anime series regularly, I really still like Anime very much.


On the flight back from Japan, I managed to watch the anime Summer Wars!!!

It was a really really good anime!!!

Photobucket

It's really been more than a year since i watched any anime but boy!!! This anime reminded me again, why I loved anime so much!

The show actually made me cry three times!!!!!

This anime's theme centralizes of the theme of family and online games/communities... And although I am not even a fan of online community games or digimon or even any sort of video games, I really found this anime to be really heart touching and one of the best animated movies I've seen.

Photobucket
The characters' avatars in Oz.

The anime comes from the makers of the other anime The Girl That Leaped Through Time, Mamoru Hosoda. Actually, I thought Summer Wars was better than that anime!! Seriously!

Anyway, this anime is centered around an virtual reality online world called Oz. A mathematician boy genius Kenji Koiso, is hired by his crush, Natsuki Shinohara, to pretend to be her fiance as she goes back to her hometown to prepare for the family matriach, her grandmother's 9oth birthday.

While he is there, various plot begins to unfold as Kenji brilliantly solves a mathematical riddle thus unknowingly aids an AI hacker, Love Machine, that hacks into Oz creating havoc in Japan overnight.

The plot unfolds as the Love Machine's developer is discovered to be Natsuki's black-sheep uncle, Wabisuke Junnouichi, who is banished from the house by a pissed-off grandmother who is dissapointed by her grandson using her money to create such a disasterous monster.
The plot thickens when the grandmother matriach dies suddenly and the men of the household declaring war on the AI, Love Machine.

In all, a truly entertaining, yet very heartwarming anime!

Seriously, even if you're not a fan of online games or anything like that, this is truly an anime worth very minute you spend watching it!

Photobucket
This is my favourite avatar... It's Kenji's avatar after his original one gets stolen by the Love Machine. This avatar is damn cute. The other avatar that I like is the Shinkansen one... I dunno who's avatar is that...


-------------------

Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro

Photobucket

Yesterday, I watched 21 episodes of this anime back to back.

This is a damn weird anime. I read some of the manga a few years back and found the anime in the bargain bin for RM10, yesterday so, i bought it! lols...

Anyway, for those who can stomach the weirdness, it's quite an entertaining series.

It's about a demon, Neuro, who has a hunger for riddles and consumes riddles to survive. After solving and consuming all the riddles in hell, he comes up to earth in order to find and devour the greatest riddle.

On earth, he meets and forces Yakou, a highschool girl, into an unlikely partnership (a.k.a. slavery) by making her a detective, after her father is killed mysteriously.


I think ima read the manga today. I still have 4 more episodes of the anime to go but don't feel like ending it!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive