Monday, October 08, 2007

つばき TSUBAKI

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yeah their drummer is a girl, how cool is that!



Been meaning to post this up for awhile but never got round to it.

Tsubaki is the band I saw with LUNKHEAD during Tsubaki's Portrait+ Tour in June. Actually, Tsubaki was the headlining band.

They were a pretty cool band but for some reason, during their live, their songs sounded very very English... except it was in Japanese. Do you get what i mean? Like the feel of it, and the sounds. I guess it had to do with the chords and progressions they use in their songs.

But anyway, actually, I've been listening to their songs ALOT lately. Sometimes more than I listen to Lunkhead. There are a few of their songs that I really like and i've posted it for download. The songs I like the most are: Akai Tobira, Yume, Hanabi, Ame Oto, Kuru Asa Moeru Mirai, Mabataki.

I think they're a pretty awesome band. Very solid sounds and great music! Some great gems to be had there... And I think, actually, their songs are more radio friendly and... dare I say? mainstream... Especially their latest album Portrait... I suppose it must be coz they DID go major with this album. So I think most people would be favourable towards their songs... Especially Hanabi!!


Actually, one of the best moments, if not the defining moment for me during the first Live (28/06, it's the first of the two Lunkhead shows i went for) was actually during Tsubaki's set.. The singer guy announced the name of the song, Yume (Dream!), and I remember that during the bridge part, he like let the crowd hum and sing the "la la la la la la" part in the bridge and all of us were united in one voice just singing along while he sang the part "ひとりの夜もそばにいようぜ 君と僕の歌を歌おう" (Alongside one night, let's sing yours and my song ..??)... It was really really beautiful and was really truly in that moment, like being there living in a dream come true...

Well you gotta listen to the song, and see what I mean by that part there when we were all singing together in one voice... me this totally dunno any japanese fella in this completely japanese crowd but it was really amazing to stand there and get to hum la la la hahaha with all these other fans and really being together as one in a very special moment on a very special night...


Here are some of their PV.... They have the PV for few of the songs I like... Hanabi (of course), Mabataki, Brown Sugar Hair, Ame Oto and Kuru Asa Moeru Mirai....

But of all, actually, I like Hanabi and Brown Sugar Hair alot...! Actually i was kinda sick of listening to Hanabi at one time, but after watching the PV, I really liked it again... Brown Sugar Hair was not one of my favourite songs but after the PV i really liked it. Mabataki, on the other hand, is a GREAT song! But i really don't like the PV....







Anyway I encourage everyone to go check them out!!! Download these songs hahahaha... eeeeee.... SORRY TSUBAKI!! and MOST OF ALL, BUY THE ALBUM IF U LIKE THEM! PLEASE!

GET THE SONGS HERE

2 comments:

beatniknomad said...

your a tsubaki fan!! man!!!! COOL!!!! stumbled by your blog by accident btw, while googling them up.

Elaine said...

Thanks for the comment!!! ^_^
I do LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Tsubaki very much!!!!! But it's such a great tragedy Isshiki had a brain tumor and now they're on hiatus (T_T)

Sorry I have not been updating this blog for awhile!! >_<

I've not launched my new site but... if you'd like, you can check it out:
http://livejrock.blogspot.com/

I am TRYING to write reports of the concerts I'm going for here in Tokyo ^_^

Post a Comment

Blog Archive