Friday, December 29, 2006

For Godpa

I love my Godpa and think he's like a totally awesome person man... He has just such........ different perspective in life, i feel. On one hand, he is very rich. But on the other hand, he is incredibly down to earth. I love him for that. He never makes you feel secondary. He's always just part of the crowd. And I love him for that, because he's awesome. Dez is like that too (and perhaps, so is Nigel), and I think that's what's awesome about that, they never forgot where they came from. And the thing about that is that, they are one of those few people who have the money but they know money is just money, and it doesn't replace that part of them that knows what is important...

It's rare. For those who don't have money, most of them when they do see money, they go crazy. Then there are those who are super rich but their super richness makes them go crazy too haha, like they want more and suddenly they think they're better and above the rest.

Then you have those who have it all, but yet, they don't show it off and they don't let what they have consume them. They're just relaxed about it and take what they have as what they have and not make such a big deal out of it.

Godpa is like that. And I love him for that.

Of course, I cannot express how much I am indebted to him for the love he has shown me.

Godma asked me to write a tribute to him, kinda just a message thingy, for his birthday photobook.

Part of me felt it hard to write it not because I don't love Godpa, but because it's hard to write something and not bring up the 100 grand he gave me for my education. It's 100k ringgit, okay, and no godpa should ever have to do that for any god daughter (let alone a shitty one like me).

But... it wasn't because he was rich that he could do such a thing as give me that kind of money for my education, but it was out of love that he gave me that scholarship.... And I just don't know how to translate that into paper into how i feel for Godpa, coz Godpa, it's not coz of what you gave me that I love you for, it's because of the awesome man that you are that I love you for.

Anyways............

I didn't write all that in the tribute coz I don't know if it was appropriate for me to write it. but me thinks me will write those down in a thank you card when I FIND MYSELF A JOB!!!!!

Neways this is what I wrote:

Dearest Godpa!

I could bake you a thousand butter cakes (with "minimal" help from mom!!) but not only would that not be good for your health but I don't think it would be sufficient to express how much I love you and am thankful for your love for me and the opportunities you have given me in life.

You have always graciously extended a hand of love to me and I know I fail to express it often or show it much but I love you Godpa. Your love, your support, your advices, your perspective in life and the way you are, and of course, your jokes are what makes you the AWESOME Godpa I treasure in my heart. It makes me smile to know I have such a cool Godpa!! =)

I pray that God will continue to bless you with good health and lots of love from all the people around you whom you have continuously and unfailingly loved and touched in your life.

LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!
Elaine =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive