Monday, June 02, 2008

Last Five

So it's the last five days at MCKL.

Now that goodbyes to students and staff and departments have been said, it's time to say goodbye to the place and feelings and memories attached to it.

I love mornings in Brickfields. And somehow, it's even more nostalgic if I am looking at the morning sky and watching the waking streets listening to Lunkhead or Tsubaki...

I guess I really love the nostalgic feeling that mornings in Brickfields give me. It always reminds me of my childhood, i suppose, and oddly, it also reminds me of the mornings or perceived mornings in Japan. It's weird but it's true and it's a feeling I really love, a feeling that I will come to miss.

I'm sad that when I leave, I won't be able to see the sun rise over the city again, and I won't feel again these feelings that warm my heart and remind me of a place farther away. I'm sad to know I will probably lose touch of this nostalgia of the city and be enclosed in the sterility of the suburbs.... And it's this nostalgic warmth in my heart that I feel sad to say goodbye to...

I guess that's why I love the mornings here. It's just different you know. And it always reminds me of a different place and a different time, and an ideal, a dream feeling.

And these are the feelings that I don't want to lose in leaving.


Photobucket
日本

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive