Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm A Nerd!!!

So says michelle!!!!

Anyway.... OKKKKKK.... i think i AM abit crazy....

So.... I've found out that the two things that can get me out of bed and off my lazy ass to travel miles and miles to nowhereville, America, is either a BAND or...... MANGA!!!!


So last weekend, I took a 4-hour bus trip down to New York JUST to go check if Kinokuniya had Shounen Sunday for sale.. CAUSE I CANNOT EVEN WAIT FOR THE KEKKAISHI TAKOUBON TO BE RELEASED EVERY FEW MONTHS!!!!

Much to my delight, Kinokuniya New York had 4 copies there!!!!!! Well, unfortunately, they weren't all in series... it was just Vol 24, 26, 27 and 28. But I bought them anyway!!!

I was glad though that i got those issues cause Vol. 24 had the Tokine/Yoshimori reunion chapter that i wanted so much to read!!!!!!!!!!! AND THAT CHAPTER WAS AWESOME!!! SO SWEET!!! >_<

So, there i took a whole day's journey (really it takes like at least 5 1/2 to get from home to new york, then another 5 1/2 hours from new york to him) But i did it anyway!! just to go get manga at Kinokuniya!!!

THAT was the furthest I've ever gone just for 2 hour shopping!!!


Small Town, Anywhere, USA = Shit Town, USA!!!!

OKKKKKK.... so you know that time i went to was it Medford, MA for that TBS show??? Basically it was the first Massachusetts small town i've been to and it was shite there! Public transportation was non-existant, communter rail came ever 1 1/2 hours, and even TAXIS took 45 minutes to get to you after you've called them.

So today AGAIN, i was kinda reluctant to go to this really good selection Japanese bookstore. It was located in Waltham... Waltham, actually, it's not too far from Boston... Probably maybe 20 mins drive or maybe like 10 - 15 miles off boston. It was actually REALLY near (like ok, from Bukit Bintang to maybe Bukit Kiara not even that far).

BUTTTTTTT... it took me TWO hours to even get to the stupid city itself. FIRST today stupid subway on the orange line is disabled for upgrades. So had to take the shuttle bus. After the shuttle bus got us to the station, I had to take the green line to Copley instead because the stupid Orange line again wasn't running from Haymarket to Downtown Crossing, so i couldn't get to back bay.
I hate the green line trans too cause they are DAMN SHORT! and ALWAYS PACKED. hate it.

And get me, i left the house an HOUR ago, and i wasn't even IN TOWN yet! wtf!

Anyway, so took the packed like sardines train to Copley and had to walk from Copley to Back Bay. No biggie.

I actually wanted to turn around at that point, but i said, oh well, lets go anyway!

So took the commuter rail from Back Bay to Newtonville...

Got out of Newtownville and i actually found the intersection where i was suppose to take the bus. I went into dunkin donuts right there to enquire to see if the bus stopped there. It did.

When i got out of the store, DAMN! I saw a bus on the OTHER side of the road passing me by and i was like SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

So i ran across the street but alas! it was too late! the bus had left!!!

So i waited there and i KNEW being a small town, the bus was gonna take forever to come again. But then again, i also noticed the bus was number 553... and I was suppose to take the 554 bus... but i thought i saw the sign on the bus that showed the destination i was going to... So i waited.

And then it started raining again.

Just then, 15 minutes later, I saw a bus coming down on THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD (where i had originally waited).. and i was like SHITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!

and i saw the bus number indicating "554"

and i was DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

so i ran across BACK to the OTHER side of the road but ALAS! I was too late AGAIN!!!

So i thought to myself "hmmmmm... maybe 553 is the number coming back from the destination and 554 is going towards the desination."

So i decided to just stick there by the side of the road i ORIGINALLY waited.

it was now 1:30... I left the house at 11:15 and i was still NOT EVEN HALFWAY through my journey.

THEN JUST THEN! 10 minutes later... LO AND BEHOLD... I saw BUS NUMBER 554 ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD!! and i was like WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT AGAIN!!

And SUREEEEEEEEEEE ENOUGH!!!

I MISSED THE DAMN BUS CAUSE THE LIGHTS WERE GREEN AND I COULDN'T CROSS!! SO THE BUS SPED AWAY!

wtffffffffff

so... at that point i just stood there... And i thought i better asked someone for directions... I was also hoping that maybe the person i asked the directions from would be kind enough to actually give me a ride there instead! HA!

So anyway, so i asked a couple of fellas who were passing by, but they had no idea which direction Waltham was at either!! No luck at that!

JUST THEN.... i saw this guy walk pass me... And then i just recognized that he looked so familliar and i try to remember where i've seen him before and then LO AND BEHOLD! it occured to me, I actually saw him on the subway once a couple of weeks ago... It was actually weird, cause that day, I was gonna meet Elaine Teh at Allston TO BUY MY MANGA after work... But I couldn't leave work early cause Dragon was late coming back to the office.... But Shelley came instead but we also got held up cause a friend of hers actually showed up at the office unexpectedly and they ended up talkign till we missed the train... So Shelley offered to drive me to the last station on the greenline instead... and it was there on that train that day that i saw this guy cause he was standing next to me...

So i was like WELL WHAT DO YOU KNOW! who'd have thought a random stranger you saw on a train you never take and you actually happen to see the fella again!

So anyway... I waited for the damn bus and i didn't know what to do anymore...

Just then the guy walked pass me again, to get his food, so being Elaine, I asked him if he knew the directions to Waltham.

I was in luck! he actually stays in Watertown and waltham was just the city after that...

So he figured out for me which direction I should be taking the bus (THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD).... THen he actually offered me a ride to Watertown so he could leave me by Watertown square that had lots of busses there!

So yeah, what do you know! So i got the ride after all...

Anyway... in the end he dropped me off at the square which was cool cause i also saw the place where i was suppose to take the bus HOME... At the square, i gave up looking for the stupid bus and took a cab instead coz Watertown was closer too to Waltham, so it wouldn't cost too much for a cab.

So in the end, i DID get to buy the manga that i want hahahahaha.... THOUGH it wasn't the chapter i wanted but still!! at least i got the copies!!!

And then i took a cab back to the square and ended up taking a whole different bus back to Boston cause it seems that there's actually quite a few direct bus from Boston to Watertown!


So anyway, this i conclude that stupid Small Town, USA are Shit Town public transportation, USA... Not just Massachusetts i'm sure.. I bet you the West is even WAYYYYYYYYYY worse, cause all the town are so big and spread out there!! Like that one time i went to Temecula to see Hung but THAT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT LONGGGGGGG AND MISADVENTURE STORY!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive