Tuesday, May 09, 2006

you're what makes america so great

As always, life don't always go out the way you want it to... But for all that it's worth, it throws you gems once in awhile and one of those gems for this weekend was simply the fact that Michelle, Luis, Melissa and Annel flew over to the east coast last weekend for TBS and Bamboozle.

It was amazing in itself that i got to hang out with them once more. I miss Michelle loads and i wish she was here all the time. I really wish i had a friend like her around because i always need friends like her around to bring out the best (or worst, some might argue) in me. Because, i just don't have the strength to be crazy all the time all on my own, you know... And i just feel that it's friends like her and like CHING MUN, that makes me shine... and i wish i had friends like them around all the time...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
i love u all <3


FRIDAY

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
yay!! together at last!!! Peace out!

Michelle, Luis, Melissa and Jean came to boston for TBS on Friday. I took a day off work but ended up not getting to hang out with them cause they didn't get here till 6pm.... but i didn't realized how much i miss them because i really do... Michelle is just awesome and when we met at Kenmore Square, we all hugged and it was just amazing to see them again. I actually miss Luis' smell cause it brings back so many memories of the times i had spent at his house hanging out, like when i just got here and i stayed over at his place and we were just listening to music all night.... i really miss them...

BUT, the SECOND gem of the weekend was that, i still got to go to meet TBS at a signing and it was really cool.

Not only that, i was REALLY REALLY happy that Adam actually remembered me and Matt even remembered my name!!!!!! I mean, I've only actually met and spoke with Adam about three times and they were all very brief. And I've not met or talked with Matt for more than 1 year. I had hoped Matt would remember me at least, but i was really really happy and surprised he actually remembered my name even!

It all went like this:

So i wanted to get that TBS Japanese CD lyrics booklet signed my TBS ever since i got it from Japan last year. But i never got the chance to meet them. So this time i brought the booklet to be signed by them.

So Adam was the first one at the table and we were only allowed to give them one item each to sign. So my item got on the table then Adam looked at it and was like "Wow." and started flipping through the book.

So he looked up (oh man he is as cute as ever!), and i was like "Yeah, that's mine,"
Then he said and smiled, "Hey, i know you,"
And i was surprised and just said "Yeah."
Then the rest of the band actually looked over and saw me and Matt saw me and went loudly, "Elaine! What are you doing here?! You're on the wrong coast!"
hehehe...

Anyway i don't know where or when but i remember telling Adam that i got the thing last year but didn't get to meet them till now to have them sign it. Then since he was just flipping through the book i told him he could sign anywhere, any page he wanted. he just laughed and smiled and signed the front.... In fact ALL of them signed the front! By the time it got to Mark, it was as if he was looking for an empty place to sign cause he was just flipping it aroung, so i told him just sign somewhere else, but he just signed the front too!

hehe... so anyway, we went through rest of the band, Eddie said Hi and asked how are you. Mark just looked at the CD booklet and was like wow. Then it was Matt but i got to talk to him only abit cause there were alot of fans and they were rushing us through.
So he asked me how i was, and all those formalities then we shook hands and i was like "Am i even allowed to touch you??" (cause the security guys and I had overheard Matt earlier tell a fan that he can't give her a hug or anything or take a pic with her or the security guy will beat him up). Then matt was like "Of course you can! Why not?!"
So that was cute. Then in the end i took a pic of them but only Fred posed for it hehe, fred is so funny.

Anyway, but i was really happy Matt only only remembered who i was but actually remembered my name!!! I mean what are the chances?? Considering that they meet ALOT ALOT ALOT of fans and it's been a REALLY long time since i last met him. And I'm also REALLY happy that Adam actually recongized me!!! I mean i was thinking maybe Eddie or Fred actually, would remember me better than Adam would, but it was ADAM who actually recognized me and that's AWESOME, of course! since *drooooooooooooooool* I'm in love with Adam i think he's the cutest! (next to Nate, Adam's next on my list of dream guy hahahaha).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
woo hoo... signed alas!


So anyway, the most FUCKED UP and SHITTIEST parts of this whole weekend is that i MISSED TAKING BACK SUNDAY'S SHOW!!!

FUCKING FRIDAY i FORGOT the tickets when we ARRIVED at the venue. I had to go home to get it with michelle and by the time we got there, the set was fucking OVER!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Me and michelle waiting for the fucking train to take us to the show!!!!! got soooooo frustrated that she started messing around with her sunglasses and Michelle taking loaaaaaaaads of pics on her sidekick just to make me bitch less about being soooooooo fucking stupid for forgetting the tickets!


Anywayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yeah. we made it to the show in time for it to END. I heard THREE songs in total but you know what??? DAMNNNNNNN that three songs reminded me of EVERYTHING I love about Taking back Sunday...

And looking back u know, that one moment there standing in their mosh pit, the thrill and the exhilaration i felt just for that 15 minutes, just for that one song screaming You Know How I Do with Michelle, that ONE MOMENT just beats it all!!

And i realize that, not even meeting the band, or like having them know my name, or remember me, all those stuff are great... But the one thing that really makes me feel this love for Taking Back Sunday is NOT all that, BUT that overwhelming feeling of happiness and just totall release and craziness and FUN, in their pit screaming their songs and going crazy and forgetting yourself. it is that pure energy, and it is that pure fun, screaming at the top of your lungs with 1000 fans and the band. THAT is why i love Taking Back Sunday.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
well.... in a way, it was awesome though that thank God i made it for the encore... Cause they ACTUALLY played You Know How I Do!!!! And i LOVE that song!!! it's my favourite TBS song cause the lyrics defined alot of my life in California when i first got here.... And they ACTUALLY played it again (they had not play it in the last few shows i saw them) and it was a "special" live version too!!


NEW YORK CITY/BAMBOOZLE/WEEKEND

So the weekend we went back down to the City for Bamboozle (it's a music festival). I went only for the saturday show and FUCK MISSED TAKING BACK SUNDAY on Sunday cause i had to COME BACK TO BOSTON TO WORK on Monday, so i could not stay till their set at night!!!!!

*cries*

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I DID NOT SEE THIS!!!!!!!


But well.... that was sunday.

i did go for Saturday though and i got to hang out with Michelle and Melissa.

Bamboozle was well......... pretty much like Warped Tour!!! what the heck! EVERYTHING is exactly the same! Seriously! Well... but i guess that's how American music festivals are like then.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
mel and i! dude... looks like Warped Tour!


Actually there weren't many bands that i liked who were playing and in the end i basically saw only Hellogoodbye. I didn't stay for Thursday (which i should have!) cause Thursday was headlining. I was frigging tired, hot and my feet hurt like hell, and there was no way i could stay till Thursday's set at 8:45. I'm sure it would have been amazing though.

Instead Michelle, Melissa and I went back to the City (bamboozle was in New Jersey) and we went to go have food in Tribeca, if i am not mistaken. We took the subway there. Then we went back up to Times Square where Jean's apartment was. Melissa and Michelle went shopping.... I went to sleep! hahahaha.

Then when they got back, there was a party going on (for Bamboozle) somewhere in Greenwich. So we took the subway to pretty much downtown and had to walk BLOCKSSSSSSSSSSSS to get to the club.

Oh and did i tell you? Don't let the THOUSANDS of New York cab fool you into thinking it's easy to get a cab in NYC. IT IS NOT! It was literally IMPOSSIBLE to get a cab in Times Square despite having dozen of cabs pass us every second. IMPOSSIBLE!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
at the subway!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
messin around

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
me and michelle!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
SIDEKICK RULZ!


Anyway, so yeah, we went to the party and we all got abit drunk and danced around. and wooo hoooo!!! Michelle got to make out with some guy at the party!!!!

Then we took at cab back at 4am. Luis and Annel were pretty much the only ones still sober enough to know what to do at this point hahahaha. Melissa was calling the two guys she has a crush on (biggie no no), Michelle was holding an umbrella in the middle of the street, and i just wanted to throw up.

SO! yeah! that was my weekend....

I miss you all in California...

wish you were here...

wish i was there...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
US

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive