Saturday, May 20, 2006

my chinese is shite

it's crappish. my chinese is terrible. what the hell. cannot READ anything. cannot understand anything... and crappish is that i realize that i can "communicate" better in JAPANESE than in frigging mandrin (thankfully my cantonese and hakka is better than Japanese).

I basically live in this china house hahaha.. Well only my landlady and her husband can speak in cantonese. everyone else speaks in mandrin like REAL REAL REAL REAL CHINA mandrin.

So neways, there's this man that lives in the room across me and everytime i run into him in the house, i don't know what to say!! Ni hau??????? yeah, that's about it, and then an awkward smile.

Then, last week while on my way back in the subway, I ACTUALLY RAN INTO HIM! Can you believe it??? What are the chances?!

SO thus begin our frigging AWKWARD as hell conversation which basically i could not understand 99.999% of what he was saying!! and even worse is that i couldn't even give him ONE ONE not even ONE proper information in Mandrin.

Basically it was like:

Him: chinese chinese chinese chinese (points to somewhere and then to our current place)
*elaine: "huh?" (ohhhh, he's pointing somewhere then pointing here, he's probably saying "oh where did you come from?")
ME: uh... New York. uh.. here. (DAMN! i couldn't even say yeah i am on my way HOME FROM NEW YORK).
Him: (smiles) chinese chinese chinese chinese
*elaine: -blank- *blinks eye
ME: smiles. nods. smiles.

WTF?!

I couldn't even say to him "I am going home" or "I came from New York.". WHY???? cause i did even frigging know what the heck the word for HOME was in mandrin! So i sure as hell can't say something as COMPLEX as "I am going" or "I came from" WTF!!!!

sadly......... i actually WOULD know how to say that in Japanese!

urghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this is shite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive