Friday, July 15, 2005
Ok, with all the bad publicity to X-Files, i also must publicize it abit... I mean after all, there IS a reason why i like the series... And so this is gonna be a light hearted post about...

Elaine's Favourite X-Files Episodes (that i DO recommend you to watch, actually), in no particular order.

Detour (Season 5)

I liked the way Mulder and Scully interacted in this episode. While STILL NOT agreeing with each other (do they ever?!), they were very light hearted. Here are some of the conversations and parts i like... But of course, reading the lines really don't make it as funny as it watching it!

Agent Kinsley: "Last year was something of a personal revelation. We were doing an exercise called team builders, where we were given two minutes to build a tower out of ordinary office furniture."
Agent Stonecypher: "When I stood on Mike's shoulders and put I that electric pencil sharpener on top of the pile, we both knew... we could never have done it alone."
Mulder: [to Scully] "Kill me now."

Agent Kinsley: "I couldn't believe how hard it was not to use the word 'but'."
Mulder: "I'm having that same problem right now..."
Agent Stonecypher: "Have you ever been to a team seminar, Agent Mulder?"
Mulder: "No. You know, unfortunately around this time of year I always develop a severe haemorrhoidal condition."
Agent Kinsley: "Well, it builds muscles you didn't even know you had!" [Mulder laughs at him silently]
Agent Stonecypher: "Communication, that's the key.'

Scully: "Mulder. We've got this conference, they're waiting."
Mulder: "Yeah. How do I say this without using any negative words, Scully."
Scully: "You want me to tell them that you're not going to make it to this year's teamwork seminar."
Mulder: "Yes. You see that? We don't need that conference. We have communication like that � unspoken. You know what I'm thinking."


And of course, the part i loved the most was the part where mulder gets injured and they're stucks in the woods alone with the monsters lurking nearby.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Scully: "You were an Indian guide, help me out here." [Frustrated trying to light the fire]
Mulder: "Indian guide says maybe you should run to the store and get some matches."
Scully: "I would but I left my wallet in the car."
Mulder: "What are you doing?"
Scully: "Trying to open my gun... if I can separate the shell from the casing, maybe I can get the powder to ignite."
Mulder: "And maybe it'll start raining weenies and marshmallows."
Scully: "Do I detect a hint of negativity?"
Mulder: "No! Yes, actually... yeah."
Scully: "Mulder you need to keep warm. Your body's still in shock."
Mulder: "I was told once that the best way to regenerate body heat was to crawl naked into a sleeping bag with somebody else who's already naked."
Scully: "Maybe if it rains sleeping bags you'll get lucky. You ever thought seriously about dying?"
Mulder: "Yeah, once. When I was at the Ice Capades."

Scully: "Mulder, you don't want me to sing. I can't carry a tune."
Mulder: "Doesn't matter, just sing anything."
Scully: [pauses] "Jeremiah was a bullfrog... Was a good friend of mine... Never understood a single word he said... But I helped him drink his wine..."
Mulder: "Chorus..."
Scully: "Joy to the world... All the boys and girls.... Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea... Joy to you and me..."


Bad Blood (Season 5)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ok, this was a CLASSIC CLASSIC episode... I don't think i can even begin to say why i love this episode excepto to say that it was BRILLIANTLY written, EXTREMELY, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLY funny!

If you know mulder and scully, you can really see their perceptions here.

A story of Mulder accidentally killing a boy he thought to be a vampire (drove a stick through the boy's heart!) who turned out to have FAKE fangs. And so the whole episode is about Scully and Mulder retelling the story of how everything happened from their own point of view.

You get scully's mulder being this hyper punk who keeps pushing her around, basically being a slave driver, paranoid dude. hahahaha damn funny.
THen Mulder's perception of scully being the dismissive, inattentive, bitchy skeptic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Approval seeking Mulder!!! YEAH RIGHT!! As if he had EVER even seeked Scully's approval and was SCARED of her!! hahaha.. damn farnee how Mulder potrayed himself in HIS version of the story!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dismissive Scully in Mulder's version! hehehe

Then, they threw in the character of the Sheriff whom Scully is totally swoon by. In her perception he's this really hot looking sheriff and in Mulder's perception, the Sheriff is buck toothed! wuahahah.


Scully: "First of all, if the family of Ronnie Strickland does indeed decide to sue the FBI for, I think the figure is $446 million, then you and I both will most certainly be co-defendants. And second of all... I don't even have a second of all, Mulder! $446 million! I'm in this as deep as you are, and I'm not even the one that overreacted! I didn't do the [stabbing motion] with the thing!"

-- Scully's POV--
Sheriff Hartwell: "Lucius Hartwell. You the FBI agents?"
Scully: [Swooned] "Yes... I'm �"
Mulder: "Agents Mulder and, uh... [snaps fingers three times] ...Scully. What do you say we go take a look at your victim." [Mulder heads out the door]
Sheriff Hartwell: "Yeah. By all means. After you."
Mulder: "Come on, Scully, get those little legs moving! Come on."


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Go ahead, tell him your 'theory',"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Erotic... Yeah."

Mulder: "Your 'satanic cultists' have some sharp little teeth!"
Sheriff Hartwell: "What satanic cultists?"
Mulder: "Go ahead, tell him your [finger quotes] 'theory'."
Scully: "Well my theory has evolved. Basically I think we're looking for someone who's seen one too many Bela Lugosi movies. He believes he is a vampire therefore..."
Sheriff Hartwell: "They act like one. Yeah... yeah... That makes a whole lot of sense. I think she's right."
Mulder: "What about the fang marks?"
Scully: "Well, someone so obsessed might well file down their incisors. I think that a melage casting should help us make an identification."
Sheriff Hartwell: "Melage casting. That's a good idea. Now, isn't there some kind of disease that makes a person think that they're a vampire?"
Scully: "Well, there is a psychological fixation called Haematodypsia which causes the sufferer to gain erotic satisfaction from consuming human blood."
Sheriff Hartwell: "Erotic... Yeah..."
Scully: "There are also genetic afflictions which cause a heightened sensitivity to light, to garlic. Porphyria. Xeroderma Pigmentosum."
Sheriff Hartwell: "You really know your stuff, Dana."

Mulder: [voiceover] "Dana?! He never even knew your first name."
Scully: "You going to interrupt me or what?"
Mulder: "No. You go ahead... Dana..."

Sheriff Hartwell: [replay] "Agent Scully, you really know your stuff."


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Mulder: "Scully, we're going to need a complete autopsy on this man. The sooner the better"
Scully: "Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa! What am I even looking for?"
[Mulder holds Scully's shoulders and looks seriously into her face]
Mulder: "I... don't.. know..." [He heads out the door]
Scully: [to Sheriff] "He does that."

I loved this scene in the motel room when Mulder comes in and demands scully do another autopsy and Scully's looking all tired... And Scully says sadly that she just put money into the vibrating bed and Mulder's like "I won't let that go to waste!" and jumps onto the bed... Scully then gets off the bed and heads off out of the room. Then she stands at the door TOTALLY DESPONDENT! u can REALLY see the sadness in her face looking at mulder on the bed just LAUGHING away, and poor thing all she can say is "This is my room okay, don't get mud everywhere," wuahahaha...... so pitiful!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Mulder as if laughing at Scully's Misery.... damn jerk lah!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"And this is my room okay.... Don't get mud everywhere," AWWWWWWWW... poor Scully! =(


--- Mulder's Turn---

Scully: "He had big buck teeth?"
Mulder: "He had a... slight overbite."
Scully: "No he didn't... and that's significant...? How?"
Mulder: "I'm just trying to be thorough."


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"All for you. I do it all for you, Mulder!"

Scully: "What do you mean you want me to do another autopsy? And why do we have to do it right now? I've just spent hours on my feet doing an autopsy, all for you. I do it all for you, Mulder. You know I haven't eaten since six o'clock this morning and all that was was half of a cream cheese bagel. And it wasn't even real cream cheese it was light cream cheese. And now you want me to run off and do another autopsy...?" [Scully finally notices that Mulder is covered in mud] "What the hell happened to you?"

hahahah... nuff said!

I also really liked this one scene when after they had discussed and talked their side of their story to each other, they were prepared to go into a meeting with Skinner to discuss the matter... And they're sitting outside there and scully tries to adjust Mulder's tie but he pushes her away. and then she tries to fuss over him but he won't let her. And she keeps telling him "just keep telling him that you were drugged" and Mulder was like "ENOUGH!" and then when skinner calls them the first thing that Mulder proclaims is, "I WAS DRUGGED!"

damn farnee i tell u!!!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

[Mulder and Scully are fidgeting in Skinner's waiting room, she fixes his tie and he slaps her hand away]
Scully: "Mulder, please just keep reminding him you were drugged."
Mulder: "Will you stop that!"
Scully: "Couldn't hurt."
Mulder: "Just stop it!"
Skinner: "Scully? Mulder?" [Both agents jump to their feet]
Mulder: "I was drugged!" [Skinner gives them a strange look]
Skinner: "I want you back in Texas. Ronnie Strickland's body's disappeared from the morgue. Apparently in conjunction with this, a coroner's been attacked. His throat was... bitten."
Mulder: "The coroner's dead?"
Skinner: "No, his... throat was bitten... it was sort of... gnawed... on." [Mulder and Scully look at each other and then back at Skinner] "Daylight's burning, Agents!" [Skinner closes his door]
Scully: "What? He was dead!"
Mulder: "I noticed that."
Scully: "With a stake through his heart!"
Mulder: "I noticed that too."

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahah shit man, such brilliant comedy lah! damn!! it's episodes like these that makes X-Files brilliant lah, really.

Brilliant lah BRILLIANT! All i have to say is that JUST WATCH THIS EPISODE!!!!


Folie A Deux

I actually liked this episode for the whole concept of Folie A Deux: a madness shared by two.

And basically it's how mulder comes to see these group of people as zombies and how no one believes him. Mulder even gets put into a psychiatric ward when he attacks a man in Skinner's office... And i loved the conversation Mulder has with scully when she comes to see him in the hospital, strapped up nevertheless.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com
[Mulder is strapped to a hospital bed]
Mulder: "Five years together Scully. You must have seen this coming."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mulder: "You have to be willing to see."
Scully: "I wish it were that simple."
Mulder: "Scully, you have to believe me. Nobody else on this whole damn planet does or ever will. You're my one in five billion."

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
with eyes like that... who wouldn't believe?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And in the end... she DID believe, and she went back and checked out Mulder's story and not just that, i think the beauty of the episode was that she ALSO saw the zombies in the end and came in time to rescue mulder.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I loved the conversation in this last scene when mulder asked scully what she told Skinner in the end and she said "folie a deux" a madness shared by two... and they're standing in the elevator together when she says it... and the door closes on them..

Mulder: "What did you tell him?"
Scully: "The truth, as well as I understand it."
Mulder: "Which is?"
Scully: "'Folie � deux', a madness shared by two."

I thought that was very poignant cause really, the "madness" shared were by Mulder and Scully...

And I thought this was a very nice touch to show the level of partnership between the two just before the Movie was released. Good lead in to the movie, indeed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive