Sunday, January 25, 2009
I really admire bands.

I know I am a fan girl.

I really admire bands. I really admire people like Keith (from Days Away), Odaka-san of Lunkhead, Isshiki-san of Tsubaki, Riki-san of Art-School and the likes of them.

BUT.

I admire them. But I admire them, not as a fan girl but really deep down inside, I admire them for the dedication they have for the things that they love the most: music.

Musicians, to me, are unparalleled in their sacrifice for the work they do. I mean, one might say, ah hell, they're having a great time!... YES, I think that's the great part of it, to be able to do something you love ALL the time-- But people don't see what it takes to be a musician-- It's really a 24 hour job, 7 days a week, with irregular hours, tours, practices, radio shows, interviews, writing more music and doing more tours-- ALL THE TIME.

But what I also love about these musicians is that they knew EXACTLY what they wanted when they were young and all they did was head towards and dig their way through to the directions of their dreams, no matter how hard it got, no matter how long it took, no matter how uncertain it seems, not matter the neverending effort to something you don't know would pay off in the end-- They did it anyway-- they did it because they love this one thing so much, they did it because the wanted this dream so much, they did it because it was the only thing to do.

They have a love, and they gave everything that they have for what they love--

That's why, I love musicans so much.

And that is why, some of us will just be dreamers, and others living their dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive