Friday, September 12, 2003
oh i wanted to talk abit about TBS-

Like TBS is the only band that has been able to continuously sustain my attention for the past year- seriously. It's like for the past whole year, that's been the only band I've been listening to non stop- no matter who else I'm also listening to at that time, TBS has been the only band which keeps showing up on my playlist.

Like okay, lemme see.

July, August - Something Corporate, TBS, Days Away, Wakefield, Finch, The Starting Line
August, September, October - Taking Back Sunday, Juliana Theory, Thursday, The Starting Line, Something Corporate, Days Away, New Found Glory
October, November, December, January - Juliana Theory, Taking Back Sunday, Days Away, Finch, Good Charlotte, Allister
January, Febuary, March - Taking Back Sunday, Allister
March, April - The Ataris, No Use For A Name, Useless ID, Taking Back Sunday
April, May, June - Taking Back Sunday, Days Away
July, August - Brand New, Taking Back Sunday
August, September - Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, The Movielife

It's just that I can't really remember a time that I actually stopped listening to TBS for a long period of time... maybe abit when I was listening to alot of Ataris and Useless ID and all that older pop punk period. But I don't think that lasted even a month...

It seems that I was addicted to There's No I In Team, Eleven, and You're So Last Summer back in September last year...

I can still remember... I was doing that Advertising portfolio that whole night... I guess it was back in August... and I remember I had mostly emo songs on the playlist on my radio the whole night (very depressing mix i must say!)- and I remember I fell in love with Something Corporate that night though I got kinda annoyed with Andrew's voice hahahah.... I'M SO SORRY Andrew!! But after 10 hours of SoCo, Andrew has such a high pitch voice!! amost whiney like Jordan's of NFG... BUT anyways... I remember that night also, made me pay attention to TBS and made me really like them too... cause i remember somewhere along the night I picked out the lines from one of their songs (You're So Last Summer) that went "the truth, is you could slit my throat and with my one last gasping breath I'd apologise for bleeding on your shirt!" and I thougt that was the COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLEST lines ever!!!

so yeah... that was when I REALLY "discovered" TBS.

then I know for sure that that during the October, November and December period before i left I had Great Romances on the playlist of my MD... it was the first song, I think...
And then in the whole period of January, Febuary, March when I first got here I know for sure Great Romances was the song- oh yeah... AND THEN I saw them like in mid April during my spring break and they played You Know How I Do during the show and that made me dig up all their older songs... and I got addicted to You Know How I Do from then on and the rest of TBS till who knows when!!! April, May, June, July and then August I took a liking to Cute Without The E (Cut From the Team) again... and then I like ALOT Tiberwolves At New Jersey, then now I'm back to You Know How I Do again!!!!

But seriously... I can't really think of a time that I didn't like TBS or got bored of them for the past 1 year... maybe during that 2-3 weeks i suddenly had a longing for pop punk again... (TOO MUCH EMO!!!!!!!) but that's it!!!

TBS! rock on!

well one thing i know is that... like when I travel out or somewhere far... and my Ipod can only last me 10 hours, I'd usually use my MD also, cause the MD I can use batteries... and I know for sure that I can count on TBS to entertain me... Like the MD can only fit like 18 songs... so sometimes you know how you suddenly feel like listening to some other song and you don't have it? or you get sick and tired of the 18? But well... that's the good thing about TBS for me! I suffer relatively low burn out rate from TBS and I can usually still listen to it on and on and on- especially like the songs that are currenly on repeat in my head... like right now, I am still really addicted to You Know How I Do and Tiberwolves At New Jersey... I think I can loop those two songs for hours itself!

well... I hope this goes on for the next few months... got a very long journey back to Malaysia...

and yeah... I wanna bring TBS home with me...

i love you TBS...

I'm glad I got to tell Adam that i do think that TBS is awesome...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive